What's new

Artists' Club

Fine Folk,

For more than a year, I have had "Artists' Club" in my signature. Why? Because I have not found a better, longer-lasting, or more consistent blade than those Artists' Club style single-edged blades from Japan:
  • Feather ProGuard
  • Feather Professional
  • Feather Professional Super
  • KAI Captain
  • KAI Captain Titan Mild
  • Schick ProLine
There may be more . . .

Whether you use them in an Artists' Club injector straight, a Cobra, a Mongoose, a Hawk, a General, an RX, an SE, or El Jefe, you belong here. New razors to employ and enjoy these blades are now always on the drawing board somewhere.

Here at the Artists' Club, we can meet each other and rave immoderately about these stiff, sharp little wonders.

Who's with me?

1514121754302_image.jpg

Fine Folk,

For more than a year, I have had "Artists' Club" in my signature. Why? Because I have not found a better, longer-lasting, or more consistent blade than those Artists' Club style single-edged blades from Japan:
  • Feather ProGuard
  • Feather Professional
  • Feather Professional Super
  • KAI Captain
  • KAI Captain Titan Mild
  • Schick ProLine
There may be more . . .

Whether you use them in an Artists' Club injector straight, a Cobra, a Mongoose, a Hawk, a General, an RX, an SE, or El Jefe, you belong here. New razors to employ and enjoy these blades are now always on the drawing board somewhere.

Here at the Artists' Club, we can meet each other and rave immoderately about these stiff, sharp little wonders.

Who's with me?
At last! Count me in. I also get my finest shaves with the AC style format blades. Finally, a spot to chew the table cloth on my favorite form of blades and razors.

Long Live Artists!!!!!

I can't say that I get my finest shaves from the AC format, but I do love shaving with my Stainless General and a Proline blade and have no complaints!!

@Tokyospike Love the idea of the AC Club too...

In! Don’t forget the Kai guarded blade;)...

I’m currently going back and forth between the Proline and Kai Captain Protouch MG, trying to decide which one I like better. Although I still haven’t tried the Kamisori’s, Captain Oroginals and Captain Sharpblades.

The test continues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Huzzah for @GlazedBoker, @muzichead and @Fenwayfan77!!!

Since I posted the first post here this morning, I had my first AC blade shave in 9 months! I have been on a DE blade quest . . . but now I'm back, baby! Put a Feather Pro in my Mongoose B3, and had a comfortable, super-efficient, 2-1/2 pass shave with a massive bowl full of Mike's Natural Hungarian Lavender.

I doubt that I will be going back to DE anytime soon, but we shall see . . . gonna run through some Pro's some Titan Milds, and (for the first time!) some Schick ProLines before I finalize anything.

Also, I have an ATT SE1/SE2 I've never used in the closet . . . let the fun begin!

Count me in. I love the AC format. They are the best blades of all, period. My favorite is the Feather Pro.
I now have 4 AC type razors, ATT SE1, Alum General, Brass General, and a AlumiGoose V1. I love them all.

Yup, I love me those Schick Prolines and Feather Pros in my shavettes and RazoRock Hawk.

Edit: My favourite shavettes that take them are my CJB, Feather AC SS (nonfolding), and Antiga Barbearia de Bairro.

Last edited:
In! Don’t forget the Kai guarded blade;)...

I’m currently going back and forth between the Proline and Kai Captain Protouch MG, trying to decide which one I like better. Although I still haven’t tried the Kamisori’s, Captain Oroginals and Captain Sharpblades.

The test continues...

Hmm.. I hadn't heard of Kamisori branded SE blades. Just googled and saw these on try a blade:
Kamisori - $1.15 each - Double Edge Razor Blade

I really like the Feather Professionals and Proguard. Just bought some Schick Proline and testing those out as well.

Hmm.. I hadn't heard of Kamisori branded SE blades. Just googled and saw these on try a blade:
Kamisori - $1.15 each - Double Edge Razor Blade

I really like the Feather Professionals and Proguard. Just bought some Schick Proline and testing those out as well.

Try the Protouch MG’s. I like them a lot. They are interesting. Hard to explain. They don’t feel as though they are cutting as smoothly during mid-stroke, but they don’t bite at all. Irritation free and still ending up being rather efficient at the end. You can do passes all day without fear of nicks and redness.

Call me cheap, but I'm quite happy with my:
1. RR Hawk v1 w/ Baili handle
2. Colonial The General w/ Maggards handle

OK, you're cheap . . . jk. These look lovely to me. It's always 'surprised' me how much the first Hawk looks like the Mongoose, and how much the later Hawk and the SE1 look like the General . . . but then unless the designer 'decorates' the object in some way (Timeless), I guess there aren't that many forms the function can take . . .

Yup, I love me those Schick Prolines and Feather Pros in my shavettes and RazoRock Hawk.
My favourite shavettes that take them are my CJB, Feather AC SS (nonfolding), and Antiga Barbearia de Bairro.

I'm really not familiar with this kind of equipment. Can you post a picture?

Top Bottom