What's new

Artist Club SE Blade Storage

I'm still quite new to SEs and was wondering on how other members are storing their artist club se blades between shaves. With a DE blade, one can typically store it back in its original packaging but with these new blades, I am not sure where to leave them between use.

I rinse the razor with water and place my ATT SE1 stainless steel razor in its stainless steel inkwell stand until my next shave. I let the razor air dry with blade in it and have never had a problem in over two years.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a Feather Artist Club DX and just leave the razor and blade to dry then pop the blade back in the razor until next time. Works for me.

Seems the general consensus is to leave the blade in the razor after giving it some time to dry. I purchased a straight razor stand from WCS that fits my SE razor nicely even with a blade in so it should be fine. Thanks for the input everyone!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I take the razor apart, wash thoroughly, and set aside on a towel to dry before a light buff with a cloth. The blade is removed, washed, and put to dry with the "next" side up (I flip every blade after every use).

O.H.

I leave it in the razor until its time to change. Rinse with hottest water tap will put out and hit it with a little rubbing alcohol. Give it a shake and call it a day. When i change blade, I usually hit it with toothbrush/soap. So far so good.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I would leave my blades in my razors, but I have teenagers in the house. I have found that the plastic boxes that a 10-32 or tap comes in to be the perfect size for AC blades.
20200226_120750[1].jpg

20200226_120904[1].jpg

What blade did you use? l have a SE1 (ATT single edge ravor) I get the best shaves when the SE1 is paired with a Schick Proglide. Anyway, glad to hear of your good results.

What I do with my DE blade is remove from razor after pressure rinse under a tap & place on a piece of absorbent paper towel, fold the towel over the blade & press/rub down firmly on a table top, then remove to place somewhere safe as it is now dry.

Notice you have the 'guard' type blade here, would suggest you fold paper towel in half first (or more), place blade on that & then fold the other (doubled) half over for press/rub. This should give enough protection in the paper thickness to not damage the guard(s).

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
What blade did you use? l have a SE1 (ATT single edge ravor) I get the best shaves when the SE1 is paired with a Schick Proglide. Anyway, glad to hear of your good results.
I use the Schick Proline P-30's in my SE1. Wonderful combination.

Top Bottom