What's new

Artisanal Scents Similar to DRHarris Arlington

(My first post on B&B, actually). Only in the last few months have I discovered artisanal soaps. Having some great shaves. What I would like to find are some close in scent to DRHarris' Arlington, which happens to be the favorite of my wife (and I like it a lot, too). Thanks!

I love the Arlington scent. I don't know of a clone. Maybe APR Fresca is as close as you're going to get to Arlington. I agree with Nemo, no need to look for a substitute when the original is widely available

Last edited:
Is there something that keeps you from simply enjoying the original?
D.R.Harris is a fine soap as it is, I love mine.

Welcome to B&B!
I use and love the DR Harris also. But enjoying the variety of fine quality new soaps and interested in seeing what else might be in the same vein.

I love the Arlington scent. I don't know of a clone. Maybe APR Fresca is as close as you're going to get to Arlington. I agree with Nemo, no need to look for a substitute when the original is widely available
I probably wasn’t clear in my query - newbie that I am. Not looking for a clone but something in the same vein, similar. Something else that the wife might like!

Martin de Candre Agrumes (citrus).

MdC Fougère is also great; takes off where Arlington's "fern" ends.

(And AdP v3 and Lime Zest, but they're not considered "artisanal.")

Martin de Candre Agrumes (citrus).

MdC Fougère is also great; takes off where Arlington's "fern" ends.

(And AdP v3 and Lime Zest, but they're not considered "artisanal.")
Interestingly, I actually tried a sample of the MdC Agrumes this morning. Felt it went in a decidedly different direction; much more musty and closed a scent. To me, it wasn't bright and cheery. It was in fact partly because I thought it would be more in line with what I would like to try, but it wasn't, that led to my posting.

Gotcha. APR Fresca would be in the same vein. A colonia type scent might also fit the bill. These are citrus based scents.
APR Fresca sounds as though it might be right but can't seem to get it anywhere. Will keep my eyes peeled.

I think Oleo Shiloh is very nice in the duck fat base. It is meant to be an Aqua di Parma clone. It is partially successful in that, though I find it smells nicer than Aqua di Parma. Performance is very good.

Arlington reminds me a lot of Fruit Loops cereal, and it just so happens that Catie's Bubbles Saturday Morning soap has, based on their packaging, a Fruit Loops scent. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe someone that has tried both can give their thoughts.

CB Saturday Morning does indeed smell like the essence of Fruit Loops! Quite a bit different from Arlington IMO but both are great scents.

FInding a clone of Arlington is near impossible, but maybe something like SV Felce Aromatica would be a good choice. SV is a triple milled and has a fresh complex cologne type scent but stronger than Arlington. If you like Arlington you need to pick up the cologne, picked up a bottle for my dad for christmas some years back since he really likes Arlington as well.

CB Saturday Morning does indeed smell like the essence of Fruit Loops! Quite a bit different from Arlington IMO but both are great scents.

FInding a clone of Arlington is near impossible, but maybe something like SV Felce Aromatica would be a good choice. SV is a triple milled and has a fresh complex cologne type scent but stronger than Arlington. If you like Arlington you need to pick up the cologne, picked up a bottle for my dad for christmas some years back since he really likes Arlington as well.
Thanks. I have it....

Try Windsor from D.R. Harris. Same great performance and citrus, but with vetiver and black pepper in place of the light fern.
I have Windsor, too; but feel it is rather different. Like but don’t love.

Top Bottom