What's new

Artisan soaps from Germany or the Netherlands

I'll be in both countries in a few weeks and thought finding a nice local soap would make a nice souvenir . Any thoughts around things to look for or of any shave stores in Amsterdam or Berlin?? Thanks!

Try Meissner Tremonia.

I am usually not someone who chases the latest, best, newest (all meaning: currently most hyped up and talked about) soap, and held back for a quite some time before I tried this one.

I can say now though that Meissner Tremonia is one of the best soaps I ever tried.
The distribution network is very limited, so I ordered directly from meissner-tremonia.de and had it delivered to my hotel address in Germany.
While they have small sizes for travel and trying, they are pricey, but are IMO worth that money.

Nothing springs to mind about the Netherlands, but of course there is always Haslinger from Austria that too is best ordered online and shipped to your contact address in Germany.

Drugstores in Germany are also a good source and you will easily find Nivea, Palmolive, and Speick products.

Good luck hunting...

B.

Last edited:
Not sure about finding niche products, but visit to A Different Scent in Berlin is a must.

Try Meissner Tremonia.

I am usually not someone who chases the latest, best, newest (all meaning: currently most hyped up and talked about) soap, and held back for a quite some time before I tried this one.

I can say now though that Meissner Tremonia is one of the best soaps I ever tried.
The distribution network is very limited, so I ordered directly from meissner-tremonia.de and had it delivered to my hotel address in Germany.
While they have small sizes for travel and trying, they are pricey, but are IMO worth that money.

Nothing springs to mind about the Netherlands, but of course there is always Haslinger from Austria that too is best ordered online and shipped to your contact address in Germany.

Drugstores in Germany are also a good source and you will easily find Nivea, Palmolive, and Speick products.

Good luck hunting...

B.
I agree that Meissner makes some great soaps, but while not exactly trendy, it is pretty easy to get here in the States. West Coast Shaving and Maggard carry the soaps and creams and Smallflower has both AND the 1 oz creme samples for like $6! Add to that the fact that the beautiful glass jars are pretty heavy, and I'm just not sure that I would want to lug Meissner soap back from a long trip.

Top Bottom