What's new

Artisan soap longevity?

I notice a range of artisan soap longevity. Some soap lasts a decent amount. Not like a triple milled soap but its respectable. Some soap it seems like someone is eating it. Which artisan soap have a good amount of shaves in them and which ones seem to evaporate?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Stirling, Barrister and Mann*, Chiseled Face, and Uncle Jon’s all seem to last at least 2 months for me.

*old formulas. I haven’t tried any of their newer formulas.

I can't seem to finish off a tub of Grooming Dept soap...the container lasts forever. I wanted to buy some more, but three more are already on standby for whenever the current tub gives up the ghost.

Is that a softer soap than usual for artisans? More croap-like? Do you load off the puck, or transfer to a bowl to build lather? Thanks

There is a firm base of the soap, F base. The standard base isn't croap-like either, but if you like to load from the puck, as I do, you might want the F base. My newest tub of Lavender (it took me around 150 shaves to use up the first tub, & was the standard base) is the Standard base. I expect to get well over 100 shaves from this tub, as well.

I notice a range of artisan soap longevity. Some soap lasts a decent amount. Not like a triple milled soap but its respectable. Some soap it seems like someone is eating it. Which artisan soap have a good amount of shaves in them and which ones seem to evaporate?
Canada Shaving Soap is extremely hard/long lasting. I can't seem to even put a dent in mine and a jar is over 6oz.
Soap.jpg

There is a firm base of the soap, F base. The standard base isn't croap-like either, but if you like to load from the puck, as I do, you might want the F base. My newest tub of Lavender (it took me around 150 shaves to use up the first tub, & was the standard base) is the Standard base. I expect to get well over 100 shaves from this tub, as well.
Thanks! 4oz tubs? or 7.5oz?

Top Bottom