What's new

Art of Shaving

We have a couple of Art of Shaving store in the Dallas area. How do their products stack up with other products out there? Pre/post shave, brushes, creams, etc.

i like their soaps the best. creams are good too, but i don't like the pre shave oil. it's too messy. i have one of their brushes, but there are many others out there that are better for the same or less money. for example, the omega 636 which is a silvertip badger for around $45 at WCS. like everything around here, YMMV.

Soap and cream are top notch!!! The pre-shave is ok you just need to use very little, or make your own :w00t:

Love AOS soap, but at the same time there are others I like just as much for less (Cade, MWF, etc.)

Cream is pretty good, too, but I'm less familiar with it.

Don't really like the oil, and the brushes and razors and especially the blades seem to be overpriced.

Their cream is a lathering bomb! Sandalwood scent is true Sandalwood EO so it's the real thing (woody and dry). Run, don't walk, to the nearest store and get some of their creams.

Everything else is kinda high to wayyy too high in price to be worth it.

I Assume your talking about the AOS in the Galleria? I bought the unscented cream and I really like it, very smooth and lathers up really nice.

great creams and after shave balms...dont really like the pre shave oil...I also have their pure badger brush which is great. I bought the $100 kit, this way everything was cheaper (otherwise the brush alone is $55). very happy with their products.

+1 on the AOS Sandlewood.

But like others have said, it's a "boutique-ish" place and prices tend to be premium.

(BTW. AoS is now owned by P&G/Gillette. Be prepared to be DELUGED with Fusion when you walk in.)

I like their soaps, creams, and ASBs a lot. They seem a little expensive (not overly so) but you can sometimes catch a break if you're on their e-mail list as they send out coupons regularly - I just received a coupon good for $10 off anything in the store or online, making a tub of sandalwood cream a great deal. :001_smile

Their cream is a lathering bomb! Sandalwood scent is true Sandalwood EO so it's the real thing (woody and dry). Run, don't walk, to the nearest store and get some of their creams.

Everything else is kinda high to wayyy too high in price to be worth it.
:thumbup:

I used to have some AOS lavender shave cream. From a functionality standpoint it was great. On par with my T&H. I can't speak on value, since I bought mine used from another member here.

We have a couple of Art of Shaving store in the Dallas area. How do their products stack up with other products out there? Pre/post shave, brushes, creams, etc.
Creams and soaps are very good, if a bit pricey. I've found that $5 Real Shaving Co. cream is every bit as good (if not better) than AoS Lavender. You pay for the store...

Oils, brushes, and razors (Merkurs) are overpriced.

I have a $42 AoS Pure Badger that's OK, but not as nice as my $25 Frank Shaving Silvertip (an OK brush, but I'm sure it's not as good as a Simpson. Shoot me, I'm cheap).

It is a nice place to visit.

Top Bottom