What's new

Art of Shaving- Sell out?

Take the good with the bad.

When they stop selling their soaps, creams and balms then you can call them sell outs.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's just a gimmick.
They still make superb soaps and creams.
Some say Gillette went "gimmick" when they started making the adjustables, but plenty of folks bought them.
This item wouldn't still be on the market if it didn't sell, so someone must be buying them.

Their soaps are still fantastic. Why deny yourself because some of their other stuff is gimmicked and focus grouped beyond ridicule?

Lets see would it make much sense to have a power razor and not have a power brush to go along with? Nah! Honestly except the brush I live the AOS proglide razors. Well the look of them anyways.

not sure if it's better or worse then this, i saw it on Dragons Den a few months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67LeztGq48&feature=youtu.be

don't think the video works, but click on the link...it's HILLARIOUS

That is awesome! I'd buy one of those way before I'd buy another Gillette gazillion-bladed cartridge. I love that it says in the ticker at the bottom that the brush spins in a counter-clockwise motion to work against the grain of the beard. Geniuses. It doesn't matter which way it spins, slide it an inch the other way and it's working that spot of your face in the opposite direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm..that spinning brush thing made me wonder..what about using that with a straight razor and how much glide it would get on your face..plus..what about the middle of the brush where the lather tends to "hide"

I saw a product just like this sitting on a shelf in a Toronto drugstore. Can't remember the name, made in U.K. Both the yellowing of the blister pack and the design of the packaging indicated that it had been sitting there for more than a few years.

not sure if it's better or worse then this, i saw it on Dragons Den a few months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67LeztGq48&feature=youtu.be

don't think the video works, but click on the link...it's HILLARIOUS

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember stopping at a large mall in Jacksonville on my back to North Carlina during Labor Day. I was thrown away by the AOS store so I went in and had a look. Curious I asked what in the world is the point of an electronic brush. "To build a better lather". Maybe high quality lather quicker. I've been needing a new brush I can't imagine how many high quality brushes I can get for the $175 list price for fine, $125 for pure.

Regular AOS brushes are way overpriced as it is, this is for people with money and no knowledge of wet shaving, thinking they'll get their loved one a unique and high quality gift.

I enjoy the Shave Creams immensely and could care less what else they try to promote, I purchase mine on-line to avoid the Sales Pitch and most times find Free Shipping.

Guys. Guys. GUYS!
This gives me a great idea!
Are you ready for it?

A straight razor....with a vibrating handle! The gentle vibration helps cut through hairs and exfoliate your skin.

I better go call my mom because I'm gonna be a millionaire.:wink2:

Top Bottom