What's new

Art of shaving sale

Art of Shaving is having a sale from the 30th until August 2nd. Looks like most items are reduced by 20%. I think that those prices are only available on-line.

My message said that it's only available through the email. Maybe if you get them to put you on their mailing list?

Ok, I tested it and it appears to function. I went to Shaving Products and it appears to show the sale prices. Once you go to checkout, you will have to sign in or create an account. I just wanted to verify that it didn't automatically think it was me/auto sign-in with my account.

Have at it! :thumbup1:

[sarcasm]

Yipppeee! Now I can get that fancy silver brush for only $960 !

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Their stuff is so overpriced. The ASO stores I've seen have been in tourist areas. Usually an indication of excessivly high prices.
Nonetheless, thanks for posting the ad.

Thanks for the info about the sale! Perfect timing im running low on AOS Lavender cream. Now it will only cost me $17!
The only products that AOS seems to be over priced on is their razors. Most of the other stuff seems to be priced about the same as any of the other higher end shave products. Thanks for the info about the sale, just in time I am ruinning low on the lavender cream!

Their stuff is so overpriced. The ASO stores I've seen have been in tourist areas. Usually an indication of excessivly high prices.
Nonetheless, thanks for posting the ad.

I think that you're quite right about their hardware. I can't imagine buying any of their razors or brushes. On the other hand, my experience with their shaving soap, cream and aftershave balm has been uniformly positive. I've used the unscented and lemon cream, the lemon and sandalwood soap, and the lemon AS balm too. All outstanding. I think that the sandalwood fragrance smells pretty good too, but I don't have room in my life (or on my shelf) for another sandalwood right now. At these prices, you won't go wrong if you pick up one of the soaps or creams.

The 20% off sale works in the stores as well. I went to the AOS in the Dallas Galleria this morning and bought a Sandalwood shaving soap in a bowl for $36.00, marked down from $45.00.

There were no signs advertising the sale, but when I asked, the clerk assured me that everything in the store was 20% off.

I love their Sandalwood shaving soap but it is outrageously expensive - this helps!

Rob

Hmm, I just popped by the AOS at Grand Central today to buy the sandalwood soap, but the clerk told me that the "popular items" weren't on sale.

AOS doesn't not cater to shave geeks. Rather, it's more for "mall" shaving crowds. Having said that, though, I'm glad AOS is around. It's probably the first introduction to soaps, true shaving cream, etc. for most men out there who have been brought up on multi-blade razors and goop from a can.

It's probably the first introduction to soaps, true shaving cream, etc. for most men out there who have been brought up on multi-blade razors and goop from a can.

And then if they listen to ALL of AOS's advice, they'll spend even more money because they'll now have a great shave cream with the same crappy razor. The only reason AOS pushes MachIII/Fusion is that they were in cohorts with/and now are owned by, P&G. Don't get me wrong. Mach III is a decent piece of work for a real quick, one pass shave. But you can certainly expect some bumps there.

The 20% off sale works in the stores as well. I went to the AOS in the Dallas Galleria this morning and bought a Sandalwood shaving soap in a bowl for $36.00, marked down from $45.00.

There were no signs advertising the sale, but when I asked, the clerk assured me that everything in the store was 20% off.

I love their Sandalwood shaving soap but it is outrageously expensive - this helps!

Rob

I'm going to pick up a few extra Sandalwood soaps. This stuff is worth every penny, and for me the gold standard of soaps.

AOS at Grand Central today to buy the sandalwood soap, but the clerk told me that the "popular items" weren't on sale.

And I just called my local store (King of Prussia) and they said that corporate told them it was online only.

These guys gotta get their stories straight. Last time I dealt with them they emailed me a coupon for a free starter kit but when I brought it to the store I was told I couldn't use it because I had shopped there before. They eventually made good, but sheesh!!

-Tom

I tend to agree on AoS's soaps, creams, and AS: a bit pricey, but very (very) good stuff. I personally don't mind paying the premium for those products. I can't imagine would would compel me to buy hardware at their stores, that didn't involve the phrase "at least 90% off".

Top Bottom