What's new

Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil

I was gifted a bottle of AOS lavender pre-shave oil and wondere3d if anyone has tried it. My impression, not having used their products, is that they have some high quality stuff but are generally over priced. My friend raves about the pre-shave and I thought I would seek out informed opinions from the B & B aficionados.

I use it from time to time. My wife got me into wet shaving with the small AoS Lavender software set and still have the pre-shave oil. I'll usually use it if I've had a couple days between the shave just to give my razor a little more glide.

That being said, it's not an essential piece of equipment for a comfortable shave. Plenty of people love it and there's plenty of people that don't need it. I like the smell during and after the shave and I think it can compliment a handful of lavender-scented soaps.

Almost forgot - Only use a little bit at a time though! A little goes a long way with that stuff.

imo, AOS products are on par with the best of the Brits, who have also learned how to price luxury items.
what makes them unique, is that they have brick and mortar stores in so many locations around the US.
you can walk in, and test, touch, ask; they are also pretty good about making good if anything is not right.
you will find that AOS gets both lots of love as well as bashing around here.
I've enjoyed their sandalwood and unsented preshave oils, but as yet, not the lavender.
i'd suggest that you simply try your lavender preshave oil and let us know what You think!

I have tried it once and it did not work very good for me. It seemed to clog up my razor, maybe I used to much of it. I do enjoy the smell of the sandalwood, and use the shave cream and after shave balm.

I use the Sandalwood daily and love it. But remember, just a drop or two and really work it in.

Top Bottom