What's new

Art Of Shaving Oud shaving cream... WOW!!!!!

Ok, so I got a tub of this stuff in a trade. It's the best shave I've had yet! The post shave was on par with Proraso or PAA CK-6, and the lather was so freaking creamy! The smell is so intoxicating I immediately hit eBay and ordered the cologne and shave balm! Oud is what Sandalwood wishes it was! lol! To be fair, I'm a face latherer and a little impatient, so I might not be the best guy to judge soaps. I'm even thinking of going strictly to creams, as I can wipe it on my face, take a damp brush to it, and easily get amazing results! Anyway I was just wondering if it other people think its amazing stuff, or its just taken me this long to figure out how to use product correctly! lol

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The AoS creams have been outstanding performers for me since I came back to wetshaving circa 2009, when the AoS outlet here was a single shelf at a cigar store ..

I enjoy the Oud scent as well as the others (I have on hand the Oud, Sandalwood, Lavendar, some discontinued Rose even), save the Lemon.

Most of what I've read from others is favorable as well, though it is on the pricey side at full retail

Anyway I was just wondering if it other people think its amazing stuff, or its just taken me this long to figure out how to use product correctly! lol

My first intro into creams/soaps, coming from canned goo, was the AoS Sandalwood cream. I’ve since migrated toward soaps, but I remember the quality of the lather to be superb, better than Proraso, TOBS, and Speick. I’ve yet to try an Oud scented soap/cream, so now you have me tempted.

The AoS creams have been outstanding performers for me since I came back to wetshaving circa 2009, when the AoS outlet here was a single shelf at a cigar store ..

I enjoy the Oud scent as well as the others (I have on hand the Oud, Sandalwood, Lavendar, some discontinued Rose even), save the Lemon.

Most of what I've read from others is favorable as well, though it is on the pricey side at full retail
Have you smelled the cologne? After reading it was a bit leather forward, I'm hoping it doesn't smell too different from the cream.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Have you smelled the cologne? After reading it was a bit leather forward, I'm hoping it doesn't smell too different from the cream.

I have not - too bad the AoS store in the local mall has closed, so no more free sniffs.

Excellent creams for sure. But I wonder whether the Oud cream actually has any oud in it.
Oddly, sandalwood ("fusanus spicatus") oil is listed in the Oud cream ingredients, but no mention of any oud.
Perhaps the scent is just meant to be an interpretation of real oud (?).

Thanks for the report! AOS Oud is a great scent with their regular outstanding performance!!
I paired it with the bourbon amber cologne.

art of shaving oud plisson feather bourbon amber may 3 2021.jpg

Top Bottom