What's new

Art of Shaving lavender

I'm relatively new at this. I just got some Proraso green and really love it. However, I know that I will occasionally want to switch off. I tend to have sensitive skin and sometimes "burn" quite easily. I've done some searching and reading and have noticed that some say the AOS lavender is a good cream to use for sensitive skin. Any opinions on this? I'm really really enjoying switching from "damp" shaving to true wet shaving. Any insight I can get would be appreciated.

-Tom-

The AOS markets their lavender as a sensative skin product. I have heard from other vendors/sources that lavender is geared towards sensative skin. That being said, I have found the AOS lavender products to actually irritate my skin. I get a burn after the shave and find the balm to be really burning (with no alcohol listed in the ingredients either). Perhaps I am sensative to the EO or FO (whichever is used to scent the product). I do like the scent though. For $38, the AOS tester is a nice size of everything in the line and well worth it. I do have my stuff and am willing to ship it to you if you like. PM me your details and I will gather it up and sent it on. The cream tube is close to half full or better, the balm is about half full, the oil mainly full. The brush that comes in the kit, well I am using it so that would not come. But if you want the oil, cream and balm, let me know.

Darren

For me AOS Lavender works great. The scent is very nice, it lathers very well and is very lubricating. I can't say enough good things about this cream. the Price is also comparable to the other high end name brands. go to the review section for more detail information.

Rafael

Scorpio said:
For me AOS Lavender works great. The scent is very nice, it lathers very well and is very lubricating. I can't say enough good things about this cream. the Price is also comparable to the other high end name brands. go to the review section for more detail information.

Rafael

I have a tub of this cream and I am very pleased with it. The scent is good and the performance of the cream is excellent.

I would say that AOS lavender works very well for sensitive skin...at least it does for mine. I get irritation from C&E Sweet Almond if that tells you anything.

I have AOS Lavender soap (not cream) and it's quite nice. I must say I prefer Trumpers Violet cream though, not really sure why - maybe just the scent.

Is there a sample pack of sorts (aside from Scotto) for AoS creme? I looked on their site and did not see anything obvious.

While the AOS lavender pre-shave oil seems to be excellent to me, I have a reservations about their lavender shaving cream. Pluses are that it lathers great, gives a clean shave with no irritation and has no obvious brilliant dyes or colors added, downside it that the scent is more like neat Ouzo than lavender ... way too heavy on the anise/licorice notes for my taste. My tube is about 6 months old, so I would expect that it is still good. I am waiting for delivery of a pot of T&H lavendar cream from Sesto Senso and hope that lavendar is the dominant smell.

Hmmm, all I smell is pure Lavender EO. The real deal can have strong minty components - is that what you are smelling?

blantyre said:
the scent is more like neat Ouzo than lavender ... way too heavy on the anise/licorice notes for my taste.

My tub is about two months old and smells entirely of lavender. No anise/licorice notes here.

and find the balm to be really burning (with no alcohol listed in the ingredients either).

Wow stropmegently, I have exactly the opposite experience with AoS lavender soap and cream. My skin is so sensitive, but I find this product really comfortable. The balm, however, will sting a bit because it has vitamin C in it; for this reason, even though I love it, I don't use it when I've had a rough shave. But the soap, cream, and oil are exempt from this, I'd highly recommend especially the cream to anyone.

proxy.php

H

hathela

i tried the AOD aftershave balm and found it to be cooling as it is formulated with grapeseed extract, shea butter and vitamin C, it moisturizes well.

Earlier i used the Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum and it burn my face as fire.
though it smell good, trust me guys you dont want that near your face after a shave, unless you love extreme burning sensation.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Art of Shaving Lavender is an excellent cream indeed.
If you like Lavender scented creams, it is surely a very good choice.:thumbup1:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
While the AOS lavender pre-shave oil seems to be excellent to me, I have a reservations about their lavender shaving cream. Pluses are that it lathers great, gives a clean shave with no irritation and has no obvious brilliant dyes or colors added, downside it that the scent is more like neat Ouzo than lavender ... way too heavy on the anise/licorice notes for my taste. My tube is about 6 months old, so I would expect that it is still good. I am waiting for delivery of a pot of T&H lavendar cream from Sesto Senso and hope that lavendar is the dominant smell.

I really "got" these anise/licorice fragrance notes in my newly acquired tub. LOVE it!

Is there a sample pack of sorts (aside from Scotto) for AoS creme? I looked on their site and did not see anything obvious.

If you can get to any AOS shop and ask nicely, they will generously give you samples, even to take home. Bring along a few small condiment tubs or baggies. You should definitely try to get samples of the entire line just to see what your skin will tolerate. Surely include their unscented as well as their ocean kelp, which is quite mild to my nose.

The only scenting agent in AOS lavender cream is lavender essential oil. I have noticed variations in the scent over the years, most likely due to the fact lavender oil is a natural product, subject to seasonal variations, locational variations, etc. I've never specifically noticed anise notes in AOS, but I suppose a more complex lavender oil might give off such a "vibe" to some people. There's no accounting for subjective impressions of scent.

As far quality goes, AOS lavender is a great cream. Whether or not it's good for sensitive skin really depends on what your skin is sensitive to. Lavender allergies and sensitivities do exist. For those who have them, using a lavender-scented product is definitely not a good idea. But for most, lavender oil is just fine. I second Sarimento's recommendation that you try a sample, if you can.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The only scenting agent in AOS lavender cream is lavender essential oil. I have noticed variations in the scent over the years, most likely due to the fact lavender oil is a natural product, subject to seasonal variations, locational variations, etc. I've never specifically noticed anise notes in AOS, but I suppose a more complex lavender oil might give off such a "vibe" to some people. There's no accounting for subjective impressions of scent.

As far quality goes, AOS lavender is a great cream. Whether or not it's good for sensitive skin really depends on what your skin is sensitive to. Lavender allergies and sensitivities do exist. For those who have them, using a lavender-scented product is definitely not a good idea. But for most, lavender oil is just fine. I second Sarimento's recommendation that you try a sample, if you can.

Noticing these scents intrigued me and doing a Google search as to licorice PLUS AoS Lavender brought up this old thread. It surprised me to have some sort of validation to my sniffer.

Top Bottom