What's new

Art of Shaving at Marshal’s

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Snagged a couple of tubs of Art of Shaving eucalyptus shave cream at Marshal’s today for $8 each. Also got a peppermint for $10. I’m not sure how I will like them, but I couldn’t resist the price.
9400F3EB-7132-474A-8582-BC5CEA95C4CA.jpeg
DB5428CE-58ED-4A57-8D47-E6A57E8D00EF.jpeg

I saw the same ish stuff here, I think cremo , a balili de or how ever you spell it for 5 bucks muhle r89 taos for 20 and r106 for 35 ish. Stocked up alreadyand on sabbatical though lol

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I saw the same ish stuff here, I think cremo , a balili de or how ever you spell it for 5 bucks muhle r89 taos for 20 and r106 for 35 ish. Stocked up alreadyand on sabbatical though lol

I saw the Cremo and should have snagged it too, but I was pretty happy with 3 tubs of AOS.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'd love to find a tub of each of those at that price!

Was the first time for me. Even when they discontinued the old formula of AOS soap and every guy and his brother was finding them at TJ Maxx, they had nothing at my local store. I wasn’t even going to go inside, but made a last minute decision to check it out. I immediately recognized the packaging even though I was unfamiliar with this flavor.

I very much enjoyed the Eucalyptus my wife gifted me. I add Peppermint oil to AOS unscented and imagine it is close to the Peppermint cream. Enjoy them!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I used the shave cream this morning and it was everything that I expected from an AOS product.

Since I’m still working on building a good relationship with my Simpson Chubby 3, I decided to build a nice face lather with it. After dabbing a hazelnut sized amount of product around my face and neck, I started working the well soaked and lightly shaken brush around. It quickly blossomed into a rich and slick lather. The shave went well with a Feather blade on its second shave.

Since I was using the eucalyptus, I felt it was fitting to finish it off with Proraso after shave splash. I’m definitely looking forward to many shaves with this stuff.

Had to drive by the local Marshalls today in Okemos so I stopped to have a look. They had 3 of the peppermint and 1 eucalyptus. Didn't buy any due to already having enough soap to last the rest of my life but I wanted to see what they had.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Had to drive by the local Marshalls today in Okemos so I stopped to have a look. They had 3 of the peppermint and 1 eucalyptus. Didn't buy any due to already having enough soap to last the rest of my life but I wanted to see what they had.

If you have never tried Art of Shaving, then I would high recommend trying a tub if you have a chance to get it cheap. For $8 you could even throw it away after a few shaves if you don’t like it. Or tell a friend.

I snagged a jar of Peppermint, a jar of Eucalyptus, and a jar of Vetiver and a jar of Bergamot Neroli.

I will be using Peppermint exclusively until Sunday, then branching out to try the other two.

Saw the Peppermint and Eucalyptus at my local Marshalls for $10 ea. Thought about it but didn't buy. Now had they had the Vetiver or Bergamot Neroli I might've pulled the trigger.

I saw the Cremo and should have snagged it too, but I was pretty happy with 3 tubs of AOS.
Funny, I left the AOS behind and grabbed the Cremo. At one time I thought I'd try every variety of Cremo, but there are a lot of them, aren't there? Edit: I see there are eight varieties.

Funny, I left the AOS behind and grabbed the Cremo. At one time I thought I'd try every variety of Cremo, but there are a lot of them, aren't there? Edit: I see there are eight varieties.
Marshalls where I live has all sorts of Cremo BUT 6-8$, forget it....I think it's cheaper at the supermarket....and I still don't buy it

Hello guys. New here, but damn glad to be a part of this forum! For what it’s worth, I snagged an AOS Taos (Mühle) at TJ Maxx just before Christmas for $25. It’s a smooth shaver. I felt somewhat vindicated from my $75 purchase of an R-89 Grande from AOS several years ago. That fat razor is still my daily go to, but I’ve amassed quite a collection of vintage Gillettes since those early days.

Top Bottom