What's new

Arrrrgh...Tobacco Reviews...

I use my tablet to for my internet surfing, and have a question about the search results at Tobacco Reviews:

When I do a search, it lists the total number of results, and displays the first fifty. Problem is, this old man can't figure out how to browse ALL of the results. In my example pictured, the search returned 122 matches to "Burley" but only shows me the first 50.

It's probably painfully obvious, but I don't see a button or other means of viewing the remaining 72 results.

Anyone?

20230104_200400.jpg

I use my tablet to for my internet surfing, and have a question about the search results at Tobacco Reviews:

When I do a search, it lists the total number of results, and displays the first fifty. Problem is, this old man can't figure out how to browse ALL of the results. In my example pictured, the search returned 122 matches to "Burley" but only shows me the first 50.

It's probably painfully obvious, but I don't see a button or other means of viewing the remaining 72 results.

Anyone?

View attachment 1582948
If you hover over the (50 shown) area, does it give a drop down with a show all option, or the like?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I’ve run into the same problem. I usually just do a search for the tobacco I’m interested in and then click on the tobaccoreview hit for thy tobacco. The tobaccoreview site is a little quirky in that you have to have the EXACT name of the tobacco you’re searching for, correct punctuation and all or it won’t bring it up.

Also if you’re looking for something generic like the “burley” you have shown above, use the advanced search and check “Burley Blends” and it will not only call up more blends, but it usually shows them all to you instead of the 1st 50.

Last edited:
If you hover over the (50 shown) area, does it give a drop down with a show all option, or the like?

Nope. I'm stumped. I've tried viewing the "Desktop Site" to see if the page loads differently, but I cannot find a means of viewing the entire list of search results

I’ve run into the same problem. I usually just do a search for the tobacco I’m interested I and then click on the tobaccoreview hit for thy tobacco. The tobaccoreview site is a little quirky in that you have to have the EXACT name of the tobacco you’re searching for, correct punctuation and all or it won’t bring it up.

Ok, thanks.

Sometimes I like to just browse, if I'm not sure what I want specifically. I guess the top rated 50 will have to do.

The label is indicating only 50 results will be shown, aka Top 50.

Use the Advanced Search function and all results will be shown.

There it is.

I looked at the advanced search fields (prior to starting this thread) to check if there was an option for the number of results to be displayed and didn't see option, so I didn't bother with it.

I'll go try it now, thanks,

Reactions: ctr
That worked. Almost 300 results for burley. Yikes. Be careful what you ask for. 😄

Reactions: ctr

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Down near the bottom is advanced search. You can include "burley based", Content type "burley", and exclude any contents you don't want to see.

TR sold several years back and a good chunk of their awesomeness vanished. It’s still a great resource but not nearly as great as it used to be and still is the best we have……I think.

I noticed this search thing a while ago and just gave up, 'til today.

Nine times out of ten, I will search for a specific tobacco. Burley just happened to be the last straw. At this point, I can't remember WTH I was looking for anyway. 😆

Thanks for the help fellas.

Top Bottom