What's new

Army Navy

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I realize this is college football, but it goes beyond football. The Middies are, of course, sorry they did not win, but they congratulate the Black Nights of the Hudson on their win. Intense rivals but also closely bonded, they are an example for all of us.

I realize this is college football, but it goes beyond football. The Middies are, of course, sorry they did not win, but they congratulate the Black Nights of the Hudson on their win. Intense rivals but also closely bonded, they are an example for all of us.
I found it interesting that Army chooses a number of cadets to root for the Midshipmen. Where else would that happen in college football?

I found it interesting that Army chooses a number of cadets to root for the Midshipmen. Where else would that happen in college football?

Due to restrictions, and the fact they were playing at West Point, it becomes a point of honor to ensure a level playing field in all respects. I am sure the Midshipmen would have done no less in similar conditions.

Also . . . I do not watch American Football, college or pro, but I DO watch Army Navy, as a former allied rooting interest. Very pleased to see Army win the day, and defeat the swabbies so thoroughly.

Now, I wish the seniors God speed, for a safe and uneventful career in service to their nation. I know the latter will not happen, but still pray they come home safe.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Just saw this thread, I enjoyed watching the game this year, and try and watch it every year I can. Pretty neat that it was at on campus at West Point, even if that was due to the pandemic. I would love to see one in person one of these days

Top Bottom