What's new

Arkoholics anonymous

By the powers invested in me, I hereby dedicate this topic on this fine forum to all things Arko, nothing is quite as good as a morning shave with a rediculously well performing value for money shave stick! Feel free to post your Arko shave of the days or any arko tips or technical questions here too. Enjoy!

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

SOTD:
Decided to use the Arko cool cream since its been a while since ive used any of my creams. What a beautiful shave, very very good stuff, but for me the original shave stick is still the best Arko product ive tried so far.

Razor: gillette 1948 aristocrat
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge(16)
Shaving cream: Arko cool
Aftershave Balm: prep
proxy.php

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've never used the Arko cream. Is the scent as in-your-face as the soap?
No, the scent of Arko creams is not in your face at all. The scents are down right normal. I have a couple and one of them is a lemon scent that reminds me of Godrej Lemon Fresh.

Huh? I thought this issue was settled science.View attachment 1019885
I love the way Arko stays bug free in an open mug. I have to keep my other soaps/creams covered because the occasional gnat or mosquito that gets in the house will head straight for them, and often get trapped in the soap/cream. Not with Arko, bugs avoid it like the plague. My Arko is always bug free. I have often though about taking a couple Arko sticks out on the deck to chase the fly's away when BarBQing. :001_rolle

By the powers invested in me, I hereby dedicate this topic on this fine forum to all things Arko, nothing is quite as good as a morning shave with a rediculously well performing value for money shave stick! Feel free to post your Arko shave of the days or any arko tips or technical questions here too. Enjoy!

A very nice thread Matthew!

Rick

I've never used the Arko cream. Is the scent as in-your-face as the soap?
Depends on the cream. The cool has a nice fresh scent, completely unrelated to the shave stick scent wise. Both are great products, but the stick is and always will be better performing in my opinion.

SOTD:
The first shave with the fresh feather and what a fantastic blade. This is the second feather ive used, and if it wasnt for its high price it would be my main blade too. Perfect for speed shaves in a mild razor or a perfect BBS shave if you pair it with an agressive razor like a fatip piccolo. These blades have a reputation for "drawing blood" but as long as your technique is good and you use 0 pressure, you're highly unlikely to cut yourself. Its so sharp that i didnt even feel it shaving my whiskers and at first i thought it wasnt doing anything until i rinsed it off and realised how good these blades really are lol. BBS shave in 3 passes with 0 irritation.

Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip(UK)
BRUSH: OMEGA 49
Blade: feather hi-stainless(1)
Soap: Arko shave stick
Aftershave Balm: prep
proxy.php

I luv the packaging, the lather is top notch but the aroma (well known) is a take it or leave it proposition.

One arko stick is enough for me, foamed on the face, for a full 7 months!
There is nothing better !!!

kind regards King-Joe

Top Bottom