What's new

Arko?

Yep. I know I'm in the "aftershaves" forum. I hadn't noticed their range of aftershaves until I was looking for something to nudge over the free shipping threshold the other day. I bought the "Gold Power" and the "Black Edition".

I tried the "Gold Power" this morning. When it first came out of the "bottle" (more on that in a moment) it had a stronger smell of alcohol than my breath after getting in amongst the Glenmorangie. That faded sooner than expected, leaving something not unreasonable - I'm not good at defining smells, but if you poured Denim, Avon Spicy, Imperial Leather Classic and Marks and Spencer Woodspice Amber into a bin liner and shook it around for a bit, you'd be in the right postcode. It's labelled as a Cologne, but I'd have put it somewhere near the docks in Hamburg.

The "Black Edition" seems to be a bit sharper - almost as if you'd bunged a couple of orange skins in there. Arko describe it as being "mysterious", though I have no idea what they mean by that. Maybe that's the mystery.

You get 250 ml, which is a lot, but it's in something that looks like a shower soap dispenser : a plastic container with a hinged plastic lid. I'm expecting to lose half of it by evaporation or spillage.

The price is very low. I'd probably go for Superdrug's own brands for preference - they're only 125 ml, but that's in a proper glass bottle with a screw top. But 250 ml for less than £4 had to be worth a try, and they (or, at least the two I've smelled) are something I'm glad to have in the cupboard and which I can see coming out again on those days when things were just going that way.

Anyone else tried these or the others in the range?

I bought "Comfort" last week from Amazon for three pounds and to be honest its good value as a cheap splash .Better than Brut for the same money which just smells of alcohol.I am going to try their cool version next.

I bought "Comfort" last week from Amazon for three pounds and to be honest its good value as a cheap splash .Better than Brut for the same money which just smells of alcohol.I am going to try their cool version next.

I bought the comfort line up a few years ago to go on annual leave with. Shave cream, post shave cream, balm and AS. All in didn't break £10. The scent was a almost orange citrus, and didn't go to bad on my skin.

I got some Arko aftershave Cool. It has a nice citrus scent. I can't remember what I paid for it but I know it was cheap. I haven't found it for sale recently so maybe when I bought it it was old stock. Don't know for sure. I do know I like it and it's cheap.
Here is a picture of it.

Pereiras Soap00.JPG

Top Bottom