What's new

Arko

Is going to save me a fortune, first time today and first time face lathering. Still using the scuttle to keep the brush warm. BBS shave and soft skin throughout the day, 6 hours old and feels awesome. Thanks ARKO!!!

Is going to save me a fortune, first time today and first time face lathering. Still using the scuttle to keep the brush warm. BBS shave and soft skin throughout the day, 6 hours old and feels awesome. Thanks ARKO!!!

I love Arko, i put two sticks into an old Boots The Chemist bowl and it's so good, especially for the price!

Never tried Arko, but I hear it works well however the "original" (et al) smells like a mosquito candle or something.
Is that a fair judgement on the scent?

What does the performance compare to?
(btw, I've had two DR Harris shave sticks (I love their soap in the bowl, however…), and bc they are a bit firm/dry (triple milled), I had to press too much on my face and it just made my skin itch after the shave or even during that later passes) Does the Arko shave stick have that issue? Has anyone else had the issue I'm referring to with his own DR Harris shave stick?

Never tried Arko, but I hear it works well however the "original" (et al) smells like a mosquito candle or something.

No ... some mosquito candles copy the Arko scent :wink2:

Arko is relatively soft, so you don't need to press hard.

Arko will lather up when you bring a brush near it. It lathers that darned easy. The smell is a polarizing issue.

No, it is not a fair judgement. The mosquito candle folks would be outraged to hear such a comparison.
Arko's stink is more like a urinal cake gone bad.

They are mad at themselves for spending 10 times the amount on a soap that doesn't perform half as well. And they are jealous of how manly the Arko man is.

arko is one of my best lathering soaps!! good performer, scent is lemonish,,,, it's one you just have to smell for yourself.
i dont mind the smell at all, performs well, and lathers like no other. and on top of all that,,, it's the cheapest soap you will find.
very big thumbs up in my book!
i put three sticks into a tin.

I used arko for the first time today too. I loved it. I think it is going to be my go to stick after I finish my la toja and Palmolive.

I'd have arko for years, but I keep giving my stockpile away to friends I convert to wet shaving. Oh well time to get another dozen I guess.

Palmolive cream gets better reviews than ARKO cream, so I was intrigued by Palmolive stick, considering it seems to be the same price, just not available bulk on Amazon or Ebay like ARKO.

Top Bottom