What's new

Arko. Why Nothing Can Beat It For You.

In my youth I had to clean toilets and urinals, Arko doesn't smell like any toilet or urinal deodorizing product I have ever encountered; more like a mix of Lemon Pledge and Ivory Soap. It lathers, glides, and cushions well even with my hard water, and is very easy on the limited budget of vet and law enforcement disability pensioner... So for me it is TOPS. If you think Arko stinks, try rotted or burned human flesh... Arko is pleasant.

In my youth I had to clean toilets and urinals, Arko doesn't smell like any toilet or urinal deodorizing product I have ever encountered; more like a mix of Lemon Pledge and Ivory Soap.

That's my impression as well. It is a very clean, if industrial, scent.

Essential oils are very cheap..........so is Arko, so......

1 + 1 = .........

Lavender & Rose
Peppermint & Eucalyptus
Clove, Orange & Cinnamon Spice
Lemongrass & Rosemary

These are just my favourite mixes but all those oils cost me less than £20 / $31 and I can get a lot of other combinations too. 2 drops each per lather, 100 drops in a 5ml bottle, approximately 900 drops or 450 lathers. It turns a great soap into many others, very cheaply.

Cat urine = Ammonia smell
Arko = Plain old soap. Nothing fancy about it.

Some have compared it to urinal puck smell, which I can kind of understand, but I'm still in disagreement.

I guess the only way to solve this, is to shave with Arko, while at the urinal, and standing beside a freshly soiled litter box. I'm guessing the soap wouldn't smell so bad.

Some have compared it to urinal puck smell, which I can kind of understand, but I'm still in disagreement.

I guess the only way to solve this, is to shave with Arko, while at the urinal, and standing beside a freshly soiled litter box. I'm guessing the soap wouldn't smell so bad.

Urinal puck smell was what i got when i 1st started using it but i didn't hate it though I wasn't a fan either. Over time the smells faded acceptably and now I couldn't say it smells anything like a urinal puck to me anymore.

I frequently will dip into the bathroom, grab my push pop arko stick (sealed tightly) and take a big drag of that smell. I wouldn't say it smells great, but it flips a switch in my memory banks and I can't figure it out. For me, a very satisfying scent.

May I suggest you to try the following soap sticks:
Speick
Tabac
Palmolive
Valobra
La Toja
and there are a couple more to test...

Yep, there is a whole world out there and while Arko performs adequately, it is certainly not the best in my book.

B.

ROFL [emoji23] getting a serious visual on this priceless thread. I'm going to have to pick up a stick just to experience it for myself.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Arko is some great stuff. Very protective, lathers easily, and I actually really like the smell. I don't get "urinal puck". It just smells like ivory soap with some citrus to it. It's not very good in the post-shave, but I've used far worse. Overall I really like it.

That said, I have a SHORT list of soaps that DO beat it. But it's very good, and I don't think that anything is TRULY better. I just have soaps I enjoy more. My favorite stick is Speick, personally.

May I suggest you to try the following soap sticks:
Speick
Tabac
Palmolive
Valobra
La Toja
and there are a couple more to test...
I tried most of those (minus Valobra). The only one that might beat ARKO on price vs performance is the Palmolive stick.

I am sorry you have so little access to quality soaps in Dublin, my friend. Arko is good for cleaning brushes, chasing mosquitos, and little else imo.
I have many soaps available, living close to Germany, and I still disagree with your opinion on ARKO.

I have really grown fond of Arko over the last year. The scent reminds me of old school laundry soap. Performance is tops. Nice and clean but have never picked up urinal puck or cat urine. Perhaps a bad stick for the OP?

Arko = a fine performing fresh smelling bargain soap

Top Bottom