What's new

Arko vs Palmolive stick...which is better for sensitive skin?

I find Palmolive a little more gentle to my skin, but at a small difference when compared with Arko. However, Arko AS Balm for sensitive skin is highly recommended, for me on par with, or slightly better than Nivea.

I prefer arko for the scent but i agree, it is a bit drying. if your skin is sensitive, I'd recommend Palmolive. Its a very nice soap, slicker and less drying than arko. The scent doesn't do anything for me though. So, for performance I'd give a slight edge to Palmolive but for scent, a huge advantage to arko.

While ARKO uses ground angel feathers as a primary ingredient, Palmolive uses the ground-up bones of witches and heretics for fragrance.

For me, it's definitely ARKO. The lather simply can't be beat once it's properly built up, but be sure to use a moisturizing aftershave, otherwise your face will be dryer than the Atacama Desert!

Although I am cognisant of all the praise given to ARKO I could not wait to try it.... all the build up.... all the hype ..... I kept on waiting ..... anticipating ..... Alas! the scent reminded me of the soap used to wash dishes and clothing (Sunlight soap - a very harsh soap popular in South Africa) with all due respect to ARKO fanatics it just has not impressed me.

I like 'em both. And, they are both dirt cheap. I got myself a tub of Arko recently, $4 shipped!
Currently, I only have Akro cream in the tube. I have both the Palmolive shave stick and the Palmolive cream. The Arko cream has less scent than the Palmolive, and is somewhat better, although it's not by a large margin. My own skin isn't particularly tender until I abuse it with any kind of electrical shaver, althoughg I can get by with twice as many shaves using a Norelco than with an occillating razor. Two to four, after which I'll get redness, soreness, welts, all that kind of reaction.

Incidentally, Ako offers a Sensitive Skin variety of cream that shaves as well or better than the regular shave cream. If there's a Palmolive of the same sort, I haven't seen it locally.

Incidentally, Ako offers a Sensitive Skin variety of cream that shaves as well or better than the regular shave cream. If there's a Palmolive of the same sort, I haven't seen it locally.

Hello :001_smile.
It gives a "Palmolive Sensitive" in the tube - smells identical like the shave stick :thumbup1:, not so "floral" as the normal Palmolive in the tube.
Here in Germany it costs 0,95 Euro and is a big value for that.

proxy.php

Greetings

Andreas

OK - a little difference can I smell, too. But it´s not a great thing.
That´s too a thing of human / olfactory properties (But it´s relative close to the stick - for my nose ;)).

Berst regards

Andreas

Top Bottom