What's new

Arko - Stinks!!!

Arko doesn't smell nearly as bad as the horse hair brush I used with it. Have retired the brush, but still try Arko from time to time. This time...This time will be different...

VDH, VDH,VDH

This place I swear. Now I have to try Arko and Williams. It NEVER ends haha
Do report back once you've tried them. It's always a hoot to hear what folks think of either of those especially Williams. I like them both. But remember, have patience with Williams. It will most likely take time to dial in the technique that works for you.

Go Team Arko :)

I just shaved for the first (and last) time with Arko on Monday. :)

I have been wanting to try both Arko and Tabac, but after reading some describe the smell of Tabac as smelling like "Archie Bunker" or "like old ladies in the basement of the Methodist church playing bingo," I decided to pass on the Tabac, because Arko smells like I envision "Edith" to smell like.

...felt guilty using Arko with the maiden shave of my new SOC brush, too. I had to whip up some TOBS sandlewood and leave it on the brush all night to mask the smell of "what the inside of a lady's purse smells like." :)

View attachment 1062540
I have an Archie Bunker stick of Tabac on the way. It'll be my first time using the famed Tabac. Looking forward to it. Sorry you didn't like the smell of Edith's purse :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have an Archie Bunker stick of Tabac on the way. It'll be my first time using the famed Tabac. Looking forward to it. Sorry you didn't like the smell of Edith's purse :)

Tabac rules! Well-known fact: the Beatles used the stuff - just saying.

AA

Tabac rules! Well-known fact: the Beatles used the stuff - just saying.

AA
Get out. Ok that is a huge plus in my book since I'm such a huge Beatles fan. Where'd you see that? Did they all like it? That's some random fan knowledge right there :thumbsup:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Get out. Ok that is a huge plus in my book since I'm such a huge Beatles fan. Where'd you see that? Did they all like it? That's some random fan knowledge right there :thumbsup:

Hm, are you calling "Bravo Sierra?" :pipe:No, you're onboard!

Because ... yonder it is! (Tabac aftershave). :punk:

full

Right there on the counter.

AA

Hm, are you calling "Bravo Sierra?" :pipe:No, you're onboard!

Because ... yonder it is! (Tabac aftershave). :punk:

full

Right there on the counter.

AA
Oh man that is superb! Yup, right there, clear as day.

You know that scene in A Hard Day's Night where George is shaving in front of the bathroom mirror? Now I want to go back and see if I notice any Tabac! :shaving:

Wait have we hijacked this thread and turned it into a Tabac and Beatles thread? Hahaha! Quick someone with Photoshop edit in both Arko and Tabac sticks or tubs into a Beatles photo! :)

Okay. My Arko came in today. I haven't actually used it yet. I've opened it up and smelled it. Put it in one of those twist-up containers. I don't think it smells bad.

It actually reminds me of Nirvana's Nevermind. When I bought the cassette tape when that album came it, it smelled just like this. Nirvana also happens to be one of my favorite bands. So I will use this. I do have a Palmolive stick that I like the smell of better but those are expensive in comparison when having to order through Amazon.

I don't know of any places in my town in Virginia that sell either of these things.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Okay. My Arko came in today. I haven't actually used it yet. I've opened it up and smelled it. Put it in one of those twist-up containers. I don't think it smells bad.

It actually reminds me of Nirvana's Nevermind. When I bought the cassette tape when that album came it, it smelled just like this. Nirvana also happens to be one of my favorite bands. So I will use this. I do have a Palmolive stick that I like the smell of better but those are expensive in comparison when having to order through Amazon.

I don't know of any places in my town in Virginia that sell either of these things.

"Territorial Shavings." o_O

"Smells Like Team Arko." :letterk1:

Ah, Nevermind? :santa:

AA :alien: tough crowd, tough crowd ...

I've become initiated in the Arko club, I suppose. The scent doesn't offend me. The performance was great as everyone says. One of my previous posts mentions that it smells like the Nirvana Nevermind cassette tape. I still stand by that although it is not very descriptive on the large scale. I love that album though.

I'm still trying things out and I don't regret trying this.

Top Bottom