What's new

Arko Stick

I used Arko for the first time this morning. That's some seriously under rated stuff. I've never seen anything lather up so easily. It's on par with Tabac and Arlington for the comfort of the shave, but it whips up easier than both. As I rubbed it on my face I thought "surely this isn't enough" because I could barely see anything on my face. Then I took the brush to it and it exploded in about a second.

The fragrance is nothing to write home about, but it isn't offensive.

I'm glad I tried it and will use it much more often.

The more you use it , the more you will like the scent. I was just amelling my Arko I have in an Old Spice Mug a few minutes ago. Love it !!!

I may have to try again, but the scent was sto strong, I haven't even taken it back out for months... I have taken to soaps in general though.

It is maybe the best basic shave soap around. I rate it higher than Tabac but I am not quite sure about the Arlington though. When you use it more often chances are that the scent will become synonimous with a great shave for you. At least, that happened to me!

It is maybe the best basic shave soap around. I rate it higher than Tabac but I am not quite sure about the Arlington though. When you use it more often chances are that the scent will become synonimous with a great shave for you. At least, that happened to me!

+1, smells like a great shave.

Been using my first stick about a week now, excellent stuff. The "pungent" scent has dropped off to a basic good old soap smell, i even keep a wrapped stick on my desk here i have gotten to like it so.

I may have to try again, but the scent was sto strong, I haven't even taken it back out for months... I have taken to soaps in general though.

~~~Take the wrapper completely off, leave it sit for a few days then come back to it. ....then it will work for you DAMHIK

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Love this cheap excellent soap, got mine a few months back at a local Turkish supermarket for less than a pound. Scent is very lets just say "Cleaning product" to start with but that definitely settles down after a week or so. I constantly get good shaves out of this and turn to it above most of my creams and other soaps now.

I wouldn't say it's underrated... Just under appreciated!

Very few people, even those who hate the scent, find any problems with the lather or shave they get from the product.

I'll give them that the soap isn't particularly moisturizing, but then neither is Tabac, DRH, or most of the other soaps I've used. Only a few soaps are gentle enough to make me forget to moisturize after I shave.

I have just used this morning, after giving break my MWF, arko is also a very good soap for the price , lathers up good , had no irritation what so ever , I enjoy using arko time to time, its in my rotation.

Last edited:
I also appreciate and really enjoy Arko. The wife and I just got back from vacation and Arko was my travel soap...It served me very well!

I blame Mr. Vey for getting me hooked on this soap, too. He include a stick with 65/75. A nice touch I thought, until I became addicted. I haven't used the brush, but I just about finished off the Arko today. A lot goes a little way. Time to meet my man at the Pioneer Chicken Stand or order on-line or swear off or something.

I keep asking myself whether I should use the brush or stare at it in my hand. Decisions, decisions made more difficult when strung out on Arko.

Top Bottom