What's new

Arko Stick - Not just lemon!

It does attract the bees. I use it in the "field" and it was the bees knees...

or it could because I was in the desert and there was water where I was shaving.

I was going through the ingredient list of ARKO, and one has to appreciate the mastermind behind designing this soap.

As noted in the original post of this thread, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate is used in the base of the soap, which is a surfactant, a viscosity control agent, a UV absorber (sunscreen), and a hair conditioner that makes the hair soft and voluminous.

This substance is in general considered safe (source), or, to be more precise, there are no data that indicate that it is dangerous, only limited data that indicate that it should not be.

It also acts as an optical brightener, meaning that it can make your face (or anything it is applied on) appear brighter and whiter by absorbing and re-emitting light!

Therefore, it is being used in laundry detergents, bar soaps, but also in creams that cost about 100 euros per 15 ml (0.5 ounce), like Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Replenishing Comfort Eye Creme, which claims to "Instantly brighten and bring new radiance"!

Some comments from users of the 100 euro cream on the Bezos site:

"My eyes were looking older and nothing worked. I've used this since October and no longer have dark circles or bags under my eyes. I love this. "

"Tia cream is fast absorbed, very light, and whitenes the area round the eye instantly....if you add on a corrector on the top lid especially, it will not collect in a line.... "

To think that they could achieve a comparable instant result by rubbing some ARKO under their eyes.. 🙃 (OK, you get a lot of fancy extras when you buy the cream, but the brightening/whitening effect comes from the substance under discussion.)
Screenshot from 2022-03-19 09-51-32.png

There's no comment here on the linalool in Arko.

If you've ever noticed a common flavor note
between cilantro and lime, that's linalool.

And it repels mosquitoes!!!

According to some people here, Arko can also repel people, LOL!!
I love it!
I like the smell and it's performance as a shaving soap is A-1. Plus it lasts a long time and is relatively cheap!
Took me forever to try it because of all the negative comments about the scent.
It was time wasted!
It's become my top 3 most used shaving soap.
In my opinion, it's the best value in any shaving soap.

True story

I was out camping and the first night the mosquitoes were attacking me. Even when I’m sitting around on the fire at night. It was really annoying.

The next day I needed a shave. So In my dopp bag. I had my Arko stick. Got a solid shave, but skipped the aftershave and cologne as I didn’t want to attract any more mosquitoes or bugs to me in the woods.

For some reason that night I didn’t have any mosquitoes bother me? I couldn’t figure out what had happened? But I sure was relieved.

Then a couple of months later I’m on this forum reading an Arko thread and they jokingly mentioned that Arko will repel mosquitoes. Then the light bulb went on in my head about that camping trip.

Every time I go out to the woods now. I make sure that I shave with Arko stick before I leave and everyday I’m out there. 👍

The only problem using Arko for me is that it dries out my skin, so I have to use another product to keep my skin from feeling like it's shrink-wrapped on my jaw.

As a long time shaver, but only very recently first time Arko user, and now zealot, I have really enjoyed all the info in this thread. My skin is on the oily side, and most of the modern super-fatted soaps tend to up the oil on my skin. Arko is really a blessing for me. With the top tier performance, and no lasting oily feeling on my skin, it's really soap perfection for me :thumbup:

Top Bottom