What's new

Arko Shaving Creams ... Excellent!

Many of us wet shavers have used the Arko soaps and sticks. But many are not aware of the awesome creams they manufacture.
These creams are excellent. Easy to lather up, very slick and scent is really nice too. Many have complained about the scent of the soap but the creams are a good alternative.
Anyone else have used these creams?
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've seen them around and figured the scent was the same as the soap....it isn't? I really like the performance of the soap/stick version, but I'm not a giant fan of the scent, so I've been passing on the cream when I see it....if it's a different fragrance, then I'll pick some up.

I've seen them around and figured the scent was the same as the soap....it isn't? I really like the performance of the soap/stick version, but I'm not a giant fan of the scent, so I've been passing on the cream when I see it....if it's a different fragrance, then I'll pick some up.
The scent is totally different. But in terms of performance, they're pretty similar.

I used the lavender cream awhile back and it was fine, without being great - pleasant scent too. Didn't like it enough to consider buying it again. I would describe it as cheap and cheerful.

The “sensitive” is odourless ,
and is a great cream to use for making “super lather” mixes with soaps that have scents you like ,but they perform poorly or average .

The “cool” is also nice with a
“cool water” type of scent .

Here in Greece,
they cost about 0.8 - 1 € .

Had a tube of 'Cool' and 'Moist' years back. I really liked the scent of the 'Cool' quite a bit ... like someone said above it was a clone of all the 'Cool Water' colognes. Performance was certainly adequate, and for its price point certainly carried its own weight. Right now I have a couple of other products that live in that scent arena so I'm not looking to add more, but when they get used up I'm thinking hard about grabbing another tube.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried any of the tubes yet. They are not that cheap out here in Australia. The cheapest that I have found them is around the $14.00 mark plus post. Otherwise you have to buy a heap of other stuff to try and get it up to the free postage if the company offers free postage.

These are great products. I've tried the "Adventure," "Extra Sensitive," the "Regular," and the "Cool." All good. Not a negative thing to say about any of them. That said, I prefer the similar Dettol products. All of them are really easy to use, and make a great lather.

These are great products. I've tried the "Adventure," "Extra Sensitive," the "Regular," and the "Cool." All good. Not a negative thing to say about any of them. That said, I prefer the similar Dettol products. All of them are really easy to use, and make a great lather.
Totally agree

I'm pretty sure I ruled out trying this cream years ago because of the formulation (parabens, etc), but seeing the formulation from @Mark1977 photo it seems cleaner.
So, 1) this creams are in my list again and 2) the performance might have changed and people should be aware of it.

BTW, I also found the current Arko Cool INCI:
AQUA, GLYCERIN, PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, COCONUT ACID, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM, SODIUM BORATE, SODIUM SILICATE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CARBOXALDEHYDE (LYRAL), LINALOOL, LIMONENE

Have used them on and off over the years and currently have a tube of the 'moist' in the den. For the price I think they're ok, better than say Nivea cream (truly awful for me that one).

I have many of these.
But been a while since I used them.
I know I have adventure, moist, and I think cool. But can't remember. I think it was either moist or adventure that smells like irish spring
I also have a couple of their AS balms. I went on a "cheap" kick for a while.
Got derby creams too back then. Lemon, lavender and not sure what else. I'll have to check after work and see. Hopefully they are still good.
Have a whole drawer of random tubes of cream.

They are completely different. Sensitive has no perfume and has a faint smell of lavender (it has lavender oil). Cool has a generic inoffensive "men's shower gel" scent.

I have the 'maximum comfort' cream. It's good, and lathers very easily in a bowl with a synthetic brush. Performance is good; scent is clean and not what I'd call memorable, which is just fine given its price.

Top Bottom