What's new

Arko shave stick

Hey all, I would just like to know if you can describe the scent of Arko shave stick. My boyfriend is getting one and im excited to try my first tallow shave stick? Any opinions? Please post..thanks! :001_smile

citronella candle
lemony

Arko has a VERY strong and overpowering scent that not many people like. But the performance is EXCELLENT. To me, the lather is worth the crappy scent, and I use it pretty often in my rotation. After you open the package and leave it open for a week or two, the scent does mellow down a little and isn't quite as strong.

I think you'll like the lather. I used my Arko stick just this morning and had a great shave, but that is par for Arko.

The scent? I've not noticed that is objectional or overpowering, but then mine has been open for several months. I store it in a pill bottle.

I think you'll like the lather. I used my Arko stick just this morning and had a great shave, but that is par for Arko.

The scent? I've not noticed that is objectional or overpowering, but then mine has been open for several months. I store it in a pill bottle.

Yeah I noticed a lot of people have a different perspective on the smell of the Arko but Im expecting it to be a nice lather and smell so what can I say..Im just pretty excited on trying it out. :001_tongu

citronella candle
lemony

Arko has a VERY strong and overpowering scent that not many people like.

I have found that there is only a small percentage of what I read of people who don't like the scent. I would say the majority of people who use it like the scent or at least not bothered by it.

Fair enough, people will always have a different opinion so that's why I'd like to try it for myself and form my own opinion. :lol:

I personally like the smell of Arko. I found it a little overpowering initially but the scent has mellowed over the past six months or so. I agree that it does remind somewhat of ivory soap.

I have found that there is only a small percentage of what I read of people who don't like the scent. I would say the majority of people who use it like the scent or at least not bothered by it.

Could just be a case of those who don't like it being louder than those that do. I seem to see a lot of people that don't like the scent.

Like I said though, I don't love it, but it doesn't bother me. I do however, love the lather and shave sticks in general.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It is one of the best tallow based soap - shave-wise. The scent is not that bad if you unwrap the stick and let it sit for a week or so, it mellows down to a light soapy scent. Williams smells worse than Arko.

LOL use it in a cat's litter box, hahaha that's funny. Oh and i hate the William's smell, I smelled it the other day in my neighborhood CVS and it was terrible.

To me, Williams smells like concentrated Ivory soap. Arko smells like someone left some high quality shave soap on the shelf next to some Ivory soap.

Arko smells like soap. Big surprise, huh? Williams smells like Murphy's Oil Soap. (used for cleaning wood)
I can't get Williams to lather very well. Arko is one of my favorite shave soaps. It lathers great. It smells clean. I've never noticed any citronella smell to it, and I have a great nose. I use citronella oil in my home made pre-shave oil, that I should have used tonight before shaving with my E-type injector.

Top Bottom