What's new

Arko shave stick

Rudy Vey VERY kindly included an Arko stick with my new brush i ordered from him... First time I've tried Arko, or a shave stick for that matter. All i can say is "Wow". The scent isn't an issue for me.

The soap itself provides a great lather, easily as good as my top end soaps, like 'Arlington'. And when you factor in the price... Could be the best soap available.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I used the ARKO shave stick for the first time ever this morning.... Quite an amazing product! Very, very, VERY Nice!!! And the scent was not an issue.

I have not used the Arco stick yet. I am a newbie ... and to be honest ... I don't kow how to use it. Do you rub the stick on a wet face ... or do you cut the stick into a bowl and then lather it up with your brush????

Going to Turkey next week.
Brought back a 12 pack of Arko sticks last time I visited and will probably bring one this time as well. Plus anything else shave related I can get my hands on.

Plus of course getting a couple of shaves at local barbers. :thumbup:

Going to Turkey next week.
Brought back a 12 pack of Arko sticks last time I visited and will probably bring one this time as well. Plus anything else shave related I can get my hands on.

Plus of course getting a couple of shaves at local barbers. :thumbup:

What do the barbers use?

What do the barbers use?
One barber I visited last time used Arko stick, mashed into a blue plastic bowl, and a cheap nylon brush. He shaved with a shavette (replaceable blade).
Then he used thread to remove those tiny hears on the nose, chin and such. Before he ended it all with open flame into the ear channels.

Über shave! :thumbup:

My fiancée says it reminds her of diaper rash ointment. She's not a fan!
Thanks. Really. That's just the thought I needed planted in my head.

My kids are teenagers and it's been better than a decade since we had Desitin in the house, but now that you mention it, the scent is nearly identical.

OTOH, if it soothed their chapped little butts, just think what it will do for my ugly mug...

Top Bottom