What's new

Arko shave stick- urinal puck smell for you or not?

Do you smell the urinal puck smell with the Arko shave stick?

• Yes

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I LOVE the Arko threads. It’s such a polarising soap that there are three similar active threads.

They always follow the same pattern. Those that like it trying to persuade those that dont why they should and the haters trying to persuade the lovers why they shouldn’t. The haters have the edge because it enables some really good humour.

For me the soap sucks but the threads reign supreme. May they forever continue.
I look for the Arko threads. I like a good chuckle.
Keep them coming guys.

Actually, for me, Arko isn't that bad a soap, just not in the same league with WMS. Arko lathers with a little less loading, but WMS is slicker, cheaper, smells better, and is available locally.

Arko is the best soap ever for taking the odour of hog anus out of a new boar bristle brush. Love it

• Haha
Reactions: Anu
G

Guest2023

I love scent of Arko. I am not a US resident so I dont know what this urinal puck scent smells like.

Btw, I kinda understand what you guys feel. Scent of Tabac smells just like a cheap soap we can find any public toilet in the old days. so I'd kept away from scent of Tabac until recently. I guess that's just where US resident's dislike of Arko comes from.

I love scent of Arko. I am not a US resident so I dont know what this urinal puck scent smells like.

Btw, I kinda understand what you guys feel. Scent of Tabac smells just like a cheap soap we can find any public toilet in the old days. so I'd kept away from scent of Tabac until recently. I guess that's just where US resident's dislike of Arko comes from.
proxy.php

When the Voyager I probe was launched it carried essential information about life on Earth for any extraterrestials who might find it. Scientists had to choose items which could endure for thousands of years as Voyager journeyed through the vastness of space to distant stars. A golden record with carefully selected sounds and images. A moon pie. And a stick of Arko.

So far no aliens have replied.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I too like the scent of Arko. It actually has the same scent, citronella, but more pronounced, as Williams soap which is the most used shave soap in the US as well as Ivory bath soap which was hugely popular many years ago and is still a large seller. As far as Tabac goes, I’m not a great fan of the scent but it never kept me from using it. Many of us are ardent users of Arko but the rather juvenile quips and complaints are a form of typical American banter we amuse ourselves with and not to be taken too seriously.

G

Guest2023

I too like the scent of Arko. It actually has the same scent, citronella, but more pronounced, as Williams soap which is the most used shave soap in the US as well as Ivory bath soap which was hugely popular many years ago and is still a large seller. As far as Tabac goes, I’m not a great fan of the scent but it never kept me from using it. Many of us are ardent users of Arko but the rather juvenile quips and complaints are a form of typical American banter we amuse ourselves with and not to be taken too seriously.

Yes. It smells just like Ivory soap I'd used in my childhood. It was one of my favorite soap scent back then and I still like it.

I don't take it seriously. and to my surprise, scent of tabac has grown on me recently :)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Yes. It smells just like Ivory soap I'd used in my childhood. It was one of my favorite soap scent back then and I still like it.

I don't take it seriously. and to my surprise, scent of tabac has grown on me recently :)
Yep, it took me some time to get used to the Tabac scent but I finally had to give up on Tabac because it made my face itch terribly. Too bad because it is a great soap and I have most of a jar left. I’ll give another go later I suppose but I seem to have an allergic reaction to one of its ingredients - same with the aftershave as well.

I can kinda understand the polarizing view of Tabac, which is at least more complex with several scent notes going on. But I don't get the Arko hate?! It smells like citronella with synthetic lemon. Sure it's not a beautiful and complex citrus, but just smells sort of clean and benign. Taking a walk on my lunch break, I smell approximately 9 million things that are far more offensive!

Not all urinal pucks are the same scent, but yeah, Arko seems to be scented with the same ingredient as one of the more common urinal pucks.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I can kinda understand the polarizing view of Tabac, which is at least more complex with several scent notes going on. But I don't get the Arko hate?! It smells like citronella with synthetic lemon. Sure it's not a beautiful and complex citrus, but just smells sort of clean and benign. Taking a walk on my lunch break, I smell approximately 9 million things that are far more offensive!
I just ordered the Turkish lemon cologne to go with my soap. I love the scent. Very nostalgic.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't get the urinal puck smell analogy at all. If I HAD to compare it to something non-shaving related, I guess I would probably go with a Citronella candle, but that's not exactly right either.
I must confess however that I am apparently not as familiar with the smell of a urinal puck as some here seem to be! :lol1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When the Voyager I probe was launched it carried essential information about life on Earth for any extraterrestials who might find it. Scientists had to choose items which could endure for thousands of years as Voyager journeyed through the vastness of space to distant stars. A golden record with carefully selected sounds and images. A moon pie. And a stick of Arko.

So far no aliens have replied.
That's how long a stick of Arko lasts.
When they run out, they'll be calling us for more.

I'm pretty ok with Arko. It's not a bad scent at all. But with so many better out there, it's not one I reach for often.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think we have to face it, once the aliens smell it they could see it as a declaration of war
Or as a wonderful peace offering. I can see them now:
"You can shave with it, wash your hands with it, it repels galactic mosquitos, and get this... it makes the urinal smell better!"

Top Bottom