What's new

Arko shave stick- urinal puck smell for you or not?

Do you smell the urinal puck smell with the Arko shave stick?

• Yes

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
arko-man-c1.png

After all these years I was able to smell The Veg straight out of the bottle yesterday. And while the scent did not reek of cat urine as I have read about so many times... it didn’t smell good. I have no doubt that the profile changes on dry down, but for the life of me, I can’t understand what scent Pinaud was going for.

Arko on the other hand smells like industrial lemon cleaner mixed with Ivory soap, which isn’t a bad thing. If you haven’t tried Arko, you‘re missing out. Lathers just by looking at it.

Yes and it is so repulsive to me, I can think of nothing but urinal cake when I smell it.

If it was the last soap on earth well, we’ll I’D GROW A BEARD

There I’ve said it. YMMV however.

Just sayin

I can't speak to the u.c. comparison but the school janitor, floor mopping is spot on. To me. I don't like anything about it. Smell, lather, performance.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yes it smells like urinal pick and so says my son too, but it gives a great shave so you can't argue with the results

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Many many moons ago, long before Covid stalked the land, I passed through the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and had to go widdle. How impressed was I that as i walked into the washroom, all I could smell was Arko. It was awesome!!

BTW I'm not kidding. "Arko" was the first thing that sprang to mind.

Last edited:
I've associated Citronella in any form with bug repellent my whole life, urinal pucks are not what comes to mind for me.

That being said, I used up my last stick and a 12-pack of the stuff is calling out to me somewhere.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I voted NO. When I first smelled it, I could understand why some folks might think that. But like any other soap you buy, you continue to smell it to become more familiar with it. When I continued, the lemon-Ivory scent started to come through. Then it began to smell much more like bath/hand soap than anything else.

Arko is trash! If it’s not the smell of urinal pucks it’s definitely a scent that
I associate with public bathrooms.
And for that reason.... L’Occitane Cade is trash too. I fear that if I left my home smelling like that I would be socially ostracized and quickly
become the person most expendable
at work........YMMV

Top Bottom