What's new

Arko shave stick- urinal puck smell for you or not?

Do you smell the urinal puck smell with the Arko shave stick?

• Yes

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It just smells like strong soap to me. Not good not bad.

I wonder if any of those that think Arko smells like a puck, if any of those folks also think that is what the Veg smells like.

Lemon, touch of artificial orange flower, bit of citronella.

You guys who think this smells like urinal puck are advised not to get near a tube of Dettol shave cream...yeesh! Now that's some industrial cleaner/disinfectant/urinal puck stuff.

My nose is an Arko virgin. I’m curious to see what’s all the fuss about, so I splurged the big bucks and bought a puck. I’ll devirginize it in a few days.

Lemon scented cleaner... which is what the urinal pucks are scented with... so yeah. Just like Williams doesn't smell like bug spray, it smells like citronella... which is what bug spray smells like.

I could scent garbage bags with fresh baked chocolate chip cookie smell... you wouldn't use them then go around a bake shop going "Eww it smells like garbage here," would you?

I was very curious to try Arko, so, I ordered one and last week was my first shave.

First impression was the excellent lather. A lather, that only top soaps have.

The scent is clearly citronella/lemon.

I had heard so many about the scent, but probably childhood in public places in U.S had this scent (as I read previously).

I live in EU, therefore, I never had this "experience" in my childhood. I like Arko!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I could scent garbage bags with fresh baked chocolate chip cookie smell... you wouldn't use them then go around a bake shop going "Eww it smells like garbage here," would you?

Spot on!

Though I maintain that cat urine smells like Lilac Vegetal. [seeking cover]

The Arko will arrive today. I’ll give it a try and report back. Finally, I’ll get to find out what’s all the fuss about.

Today I finally got to try the famous Arko. I don’t know if I have the best form of it, or if it matters, but it’s a tiny puck. There was no problem at all with making a nice lather.

The initial smell was pretty strong. When I was using it, it seemed like it was an unscented scent in a restroom of a sports stadium — a place that uses urine troughs with urinal cakes. There’s no need to stick one’s face inside a trough. Everyone knows what urinal cakes smell like. So, I get why many say it reminds them of that. After a few minutes though it wasn’t really that bad and it started to smell like a strong cleaning product then like a lemony strong soap.

I guess it had top notes of urinal cake, middle notes of Navy floor stripper, and base notes of lemon. It was tolerable though. I’m a little disappointed it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting worse. Much worse.

As far as the shave, it was actually very good.

Sadly though, it didn’t pass the wife test. If I want to ”get any”, tonight, looks like I’ll be scrubbing my face clean.

I probably won’t use it unless there is a need to be celibate.

I dont know what is the big deal about the smell of Arko, if you are going to take a shower after shaving it does not matter, in addition most of us used aftershave, so again the scent of arko does not matter

I mixed one Arko with one Derby added some essential oils and have had it airing 18months and still can't stand it. Just wonder how the EU with all it's regulations allows the sale of this....:letterk1::em2700::straight:

I thought it was a good soap for the money, but then I tried Derby Lemon! I made better lathers, withe better scent for just 50 cents more. I'm not going back to arko any time soon.

I dont know what is the big deal about the smell of Arko, if you are going to take a shower after shaving it does not matter, in addition most of us used aftershave, so again the scent of arko does not matter

In my case, I take a shower before shaving, but after trying Arko this first time, the scent was still present when my wife leaned in to do the wife test kiss. She promptly asked that I take another shower.

The next day feel, after using Arko, was quite nice. I wanted to at least report that positive.

Yes, I‘d use it again, but only on days that I know that I’m not going to be getting any lovin.

Lemon scented cleaner... which is what the urinal pucks are scented with... so yeah. Just like Williams doesn't smell like bug spray, it smells like citronella... which is what bug spray smells like.

Funny that you used that example... I blind-bought the Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet EdP a couple of years ago. I kinda liked it when I first tried it, as there was something really familiar and comforting about it. A few months later, I realized what it reminded me of. It had a very strong resemblance to the scented toilet paper that my mom used to buy when I was a kid. Wanna take a guess as to how quickly that bottle got listed for sale on the BST? 😆😆😆

I do not smell this any way or than lemony, great lather helps deliver great Shaves. Not pretending to be a subtle scent and could not expect it to as so cheap.

Top Bottom