What's new

Arko sensitive shaving cream - a hidden gem

I have highly sensitive skin and very tough facial hair and that grow very short and sparse. Only Feather blade can cut my hair very close. Many soaps and cream cause me irritation if i'm not super focused on my shave. Recently i discovered Arko cream in tube. Not expected much cosidering how cheap that tube was - $4.99. Performance is great. I used synthetic brush with my fine bowl. After building. Lather is perfect. Very rich, soft and most importainly without a lot of bubbles like proraso green soap. Lather builds relatively fast but not super fast like Cella. It's does not contain perfume and paint which helps to avoid irritation if you sensitive to such things in soap/cream. Personally i found that perfumeless cream helps me avoid irritation. It contains lavender oil and aloe vera to prevent razor burn. One notible fact that my face feels calm and without any irritation what so ever. Only thing that a bit bothers me. Face feels a bit too soft. But i think i can get used to it. Highly recommend to try this. I seen it's on Ebay and italianbarber.

Attachments

• Arko Men Sensitive Shaving Cream 65gr BOX.jpg
    Arko Men Sensitive Shaving Cream 65gr BOX.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 40
Holy crap! I did not know about this but am now really intrigued. Does it just smell like soap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy crap! I did not know about this but am now really intrigued. Does it just smell like soap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's no such thing as scentless or unscented shaving creams, even sensitive variant has smell of lavender oil.
Yes it has a smell but it's not punching smell like perfume soap/cream. It's hard to describe this smell. It's very pale and soapy smell. It has a hint of lavender. It smells really neutral. I believe it's a new type of cream by Arko. They also have Comfort, hydrate and cool edition.

Attachments

• arko-shaving-cream.jpg
    arko-shaving-cream.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I love to hear about these creams guys. What it is comparable to?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes it has a smell but it's not punching smell like perfume soap/cream. It's hard to describe this smell. It's very pale and soapy smell. It has a hint of lavender. It smells really neutral. I believe it's a new type of cream by Arko. They also have Comfort, hydrate and cool edition.

Certainly not a new offering - my Maggard "budget" starter kit came with the Arko Sensitive cream back in early 2014. Included it in a PIF back in 2015.

And there is an after shave balm to go with it!!

I've tried Arko's Classic aftershave balm, and it's not bad at all. A little soapy and medicinal--a nice finish after the stick soap. Not that I'm necessarily looking for something unscented at the end of the shave though.

I am always interested in high performing budget creams. I have sensitive and dry skin. Arko stick is okay but a little drying for me. I might just give this a try. I just find that some sensitive creams aren’t moisturising enough and some moisturising creams aren’t great for sensitive skin! Proraso Blue and Erasmic cream are my favourites.

Reviving an old thread. I loathe the Arko stick smell, so don’t use it. Just tried this cream after adding it to a shopping cart for less than $3usd. It is a wonderful cream. I can’t say it is better than my favorites (La Toja, Bulgarian creams) but it is at least in the ballpark. For the price, it is a steal.

The question is where are we able to buy these in the US? I have only seen the Sticks or pucks thus far!

tried IB, no luck, ebay it is!

Top Bottom