What's new

Arko scented detergent

I found Arko flavoured dish washer tablets at my supermarket. Absolutely identical scent
Using it as a shave stick wasn’t the smartest life choice I ever made though. Post shave feel wasnt great

Wasnt as bad as the real thing mind,

ONLY FOOLING FOR GOODNESS SAKE DONT ACTUALLY TRY THIS

Why do I feel I actually NEED to say that ?

The scent is of Savon de Marseille, which used to be a very common household soap, and it was used for handwashing delicate garments or as a hand soap. It came in big, white hard blocks and was relatively cheap. I associate the smell with 'clean', that's why I don't have personally any issue with the Arko, scent; actually I prefer it to stronger 'perfumy' scents.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I would choose the soapy scent of Arko over virtually all of the heavily perfumed soaps being produced today. Give me Arko, Williams, Palmolive, Wilkie stick, Valobra, Speick, MWF, most of Haslinger's options, La Toja, or some of DR Harris' lighter scents and I'm happy. I don't mind Cella or Proraso's options either, but they aren't really 'soapy' to my poorly developed schnozz.

I have a spray cleaner from Italy with the Marseille scent. It appears as if it is a popular European scent used in cleaners more than we ever knew.

I do agree with the "Clean" scent which is why I too like it.

Top Bottom