What's new

Arko Saved My Life and How I Learned to Face Lather

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I remember the Electra 225 and Riviera, top tier cars.
I have a story that I'd have to edit all the fun out of about my cousin's land yacht, the "Deuce and a quarter" in order to tell here. It involved working ladies and the men they associated with. And brave but stupid young half men. Oh, the things we survive!

Did someone mention my name? My ears were ringing.

As I have said before: all y'all's NEED is Arko; everything else is superfluous!

Don't you guys get impressed when I use a $5 werd and I'm not even sure if I know the definition?

If there is a soap better than Arko, God kept it for himself.

I always preferred the Oldsmobile and Pontiac cars to those made by Buick, but sadly, GM did not feel the same way.
For decades Olds was truly the value leader at GM. In the '90s I had two Cutlass Supreme coupes, quick, smooth, and reliable, that I loved. So yes, perhaps Arko is the Oldsmobile of the shave soap world . . . except that Arko is still here!

Arko is just the right texture for the face lather stick. Not too hard, not too soft, just right.

I just find the more I use it, the more I like it.
Over the last few weeks I have been rotating daily between Arko and MWF.
I actually look forward to the Arko day's, as I get a stronger and longer lasting scent, with a top performing shaving soap performance. It is also slightly easier to lather to a good consistency.

Used Arko again today. Not only a good performance from the soap, but its scent, somehow, reminds me a little of plastic model kits, when you'd first open the box and get that nice plastic aroma.

I’ve been doing some traveling lately. I took along a variety of different shave soaps. The first two weeks were interesting in the sense of lather quality. I have used all of them at home with good results. On this trip, it's been a different story. The only things that have changed are as follows, tap water, air temperature, and humidity. I do use tap water at home, and it's not the softest. But I think I have found harder water on this trip. If one of the soaps fails to make a good lather I use Arko to finish the shave. It hasn't let me down yet.

FarmerTan

Used Arko again today. Not only a good performance from the soap, but its scent, somehow, reminds me a little of plastic model kits, when you'd first open the box and get that nice plastic aroma.
I'll bet you can't tell I used to sniff the glue, can ya???

FarmerTan

I’ve been doing some traveling lately. I took along a variety of different shave soaps. The first two weeks were interesting in the sense of lather quality. I have used all of them at home with good results. On this trip, it's been a different story. The only things that have changed are as follows, tap water, air temperature, and humidity. I do use tap water at home, and it's not the softest. But I think I have found harder water on this trip. If one of the soaps fails to make a good lather I use Arko to finish the shave. It hasn't let me down yet.
(See post number 44 above my friend!)

Yep, face lathering is great - it softens up my beard in a way that spreading bowl lather just doesn't. If you aren't already doing this, try mixing up strokes. The circular rotation that most people do is great, but also mix in painting strokes, side to side, up & down. The circular motion brings up peaks of lather, but the linear strokes thicken the coat and spread it consistently. I typically build lather with a circular motion and then do painting strokes to thicken the coat and get it where I want it and finally do ATG painting strokes which seems to help increase cushion - particularly in challenging places like under the chin and the valley of the throat.

This is exactly how I face lather. It took my a few years to figure it out but now it's rare to bring out my bowl!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have a den full of MdC, C&S, SV, and other soaps that are either expensive or artisan soaps, but Arko is still very much in my rotation.

Top Bottom