What's new

Arko Saved My Life and How I Learned to Face Lather

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Shave stick is the ONLY way to travel

proxy.php
Ohhhhhh.... NICE! Are we going to get a cooking lesson?

1 stick Arko
1 Best Badger Brush loaded with h20

Stir ingredients over medium heat for 2 minutes....

I had a similar experience as you. I liked the idea of a soap stick but I had a hard time getting it to work for me. I started out with Palmolive. Then I tried Arko and Wow! I had great success. I found Arko and Tabac the easiest to use. Now I have my technique down I love so many sticks.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
All roads lead to Rome!

AA

Not the one in front of my house.

Try rubbing your other soap pucks on your face like the Arko.

We'll turn you into an exclusive face-latherer, yet! :biggrin1:

I face lather, but dislike the feel of rubbing hard soap on my skin. I load from a bowl. Soaps that only come in stick form are grated into a bowl and loaded. (save for my GZD Berber which is a soft stick). I will use a stick during travel, but am just as likely to take cream in a tube for travel.

I like using Arko stick for both bowl and face lathering.

But I tend to face lather more with it on work day mornings. If I have an evening or weekend shave. That is when I like to get out my Turkish copper bowl and lather the Arko up.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I also could not sort out face lathering until I tried my first Arko stick. Since that day, I now 99% strictly face lather everything. It’s a very rare occasion that I pull out a bowl to lather. I can’t remember the last time I did it.

Unfortunately, we are not all the same. I wish I could face lather, but my face is so sensitive that if I were to do that, the brush would irritate my skin to the point I could not bear to use a razor. Thus, I develop my lather in a bowl and then paint the lather on my face, minimizing the brush contact time.

Unfortunately, even when lathered in a bowl, Arko is not a friend to my face. After the shave, my face feels tight, dry and somewhat irritated. I am glad others do not have that same experience.

There's nothing like taking a thin film rubbed on your face from a shave stick and working it into several passes of lather in less than a minute flat. I broke my shave bowl by accident several months ago and have not been looking to replace it. Other sticks that rock are Tabac, La Toja, Palmolive and Speick. Love shave sticks. Welcome to the fold!
Just ordered a stick of La Toja and a three pack of Arko. Couldn't beat the prices and used Amazon credit accumulated from taking surveys (so, essentially the soaps are free).

Arko is the miata of the shaving world.
Maybe more like the Buick of the shave world: It's loved and appreciated by those who know their great qualities, overlooked by the rest of the public. My current Buick I picked up in August of 2019 from a Subaru dealer. The 4-year-old sedan had been on their lot for several months even though it was in perfect condition. To this day I don't know why somebody didn't grab it before I saw it.

Arko may very well be the same way.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Maybe more like the Buick of the shave world: It's loved and appreciated by those who know their great qualities, overlooked by the rest of the public. My current Buick I picked up in August of last year from a Subaru dealer. The 4-year-old sedan had been on their lot for several months even though it was in perfect condition. To this day I don't know why somebody didn't grab it before I saw it.

Arko may very well be the same way.
Yes, the Buick is an underappreciated vehicle.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I always preferred the Oldsmobile and Pontiac cars to those made by Buick, but sadly, GM did not feel the same way.
Agreed. I assume you are old enough to remember when those were entirely different cars, not just the exact car with a different badge?

Top Bottom