What's new

Arko Mug

BF7F83F0-F186-401B-8B80-9BBFF6BBDEB4.jpeg
3439C235-0F71-47EC-9533-D04DAF03741D.jpeg
BF7F83F0-F186-401B-8B80-9BBFF6BBDEB4.jpeg 3439C235-0F71-47EC-9533-D04DAF03741D.jpeg My wife had this mug made for me at Walgreens for an anniversary gift. It’s from a box of Arko we received several weeks ago that showed up destroyed. We took the best pic we could of the box and I think it turned out great. (Best part, because I love a deal I think it was only $5)

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
That is really good looking.

Are you going to drink coffee with it or put shaving soap in it?

The proverbial silver lining - Arko box showed up destroyed, Arko mug shows up instead.
Great stuff! Wish you years of good use!

That is really good looking.

Are you going to drink coffee with it or put shaving soap in it?

Probably both to be honest. I’ll just rinse well in between. Might have another made now that I know how good they turn out.

I just love the Arko image... almost as much as I love the smell and performance. Then again I’m a sucker for 50s nostalgia.

The proverbial silver lining - Arko box showed up destroyed, Arko mug shows up instead.
What’s funny is there was a small crinkle in the picture from the smashed box (soap was fine) that showed up in the picture. It’s basically not noticeable unless you really look but it makes it more personal and a better story in my opinion, rather than just pulling a picture from the internet.

E86BA095-680E-4FA4-819F-CAC0D8FAA9D7.jpeg
A49DB82C-4ACA-48CA-BA09-C49281D7DDDC.jpeg

We also made these. They look 1000 times better in person. They were only about $3 per pic (8x10) and frames are $1 from Dollar Tree.

View attachment 998025 View attachment 998026 View attachment 998025 View attachment 998026 My wife had this mug made for me at Walgreens for an anniversary gift. It’s from a box of Arko we received several weeks ago that showed up destroyed. We took the best pic we could of the box and I think it turned out great. (Best part, because I love a deal I think it was only $5)

That looks so cool that I'd like to get one. How did your wife coordinate getting it done--who did she talk to at Walgreens? TIA

That looks so cool that I'd like to get one. How did your wife coordinate getting it done--who did she talk to at Walgreens? TIA

I’m going to ask her and send you the reply as soon a

I’m going to ask her as soon as she is available. If you want the original pics I can send them to you, or you can do your own.

To be honest for the pictures I think she just had them printed at the photo section on 8x10 and they can do the mug there too. Takes 5ish days to deliver.

From my wife:

Hello,

She just said to go to Walgreens.com, on the side bar there is options click on “Photos” then click on “Gifts” the item she chose was the classic 11oz mug. Select that mug, and they’ll give you a variety of prints to choose from or the option to upload your own photo. She chose the option to upload her own photo, once the photo is uploaded it’ll give you a preview of what the mug will look like, and then place your order from there! She had mentioned that coupon she used has now expired but always check the site before checking out as they always have some type of deal going on.

I’m going to ask her as soon as she is available. If you want the original pics I can send them to you, or you can do your own.

To be honest for the pictures I think she just had them printed at the photo section on 8x10 and they can do the mug there too. Takes 5ish days to deliver.

Yes, please send the pictures. The only ones I have are on the shaving sticks.

She just said to go to Walgreens.com, on the side bar there is options click on “Photos” then click on “Gifts” the item she chose was the classic 11oz mug. Select that mug, and they’ll give you a variety of prints to choose from or the option to upload your own photo. She chose the option to upload her own photo, once the photo is uploaded it’ll give you a preview of what the mug will look like, and then place your order from there! She had mentioned that coupon she used has now expired but always check the site before checking out as they always have some type of deal going on.

Thank you so much for your idea and your help.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A great idea! Iconic image, for sure.

Another member here did a Williams mug.

Hm; I should do an Apollo Techmatic mug ...

AA

Top Bottom