What's new

Arko isn't even close to as bad as people made out

I don’t understand your question, @hcoop111

Fearing a major league pun has flown over my head and I’m missing out.

Even without understanding the pun, I won’t be missing out on ARKO! at my next shave.
It’s a olddddddd saying lol like oldddd....pretty much it means you are indifferent on it or you don’t care about something..say you get a new razor and it performed average and you are indifferent on it...well you would say when somebody asked how do you feel about this razor ....oh half a dozen one or the other 😂 when do people really make sense is the real question lolll

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a olddddddd saying lol like oldddd....pretty much it means you are indifferent on it or you don’t care about something..say you get a new razor and it performed average and you are indifferent on it...well you would say when somebody asked how do you feel about this razor ....oh half a dozen one or the other 😂 when do people really make sense is the real question lolll
I heard it as 6 to 1 half dozen to the other. Because ya know 6 is a half dozen. So "makes no difference".

And also....I am on board the Arko is awesome boat :) Love the stuff. Even the smell.

I heard it as 6 to 1 half dozen to the other. Because ya know 6 is a half dozen. So "makes no difference".

And also....I am on board the Arko is awesome boat :) Love the stuff. Even the smell.

Now I always heard it as 6 "of" one or a half dozen of the other. Or maybe it was 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. I don't remember the "to" in the phrase and can't remember if it was "and" or "or" in between but think it was always or.

Now I always heard it as 6 "of" one or a half dozen of the other. Or maybe it was 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. I don't remember the "to" in the phrase and can't remember if it was "and" or "or" in between but think it was always or.
I vote for "six on one hand, half a dozen on the other"

As an old phrase, who ever we heard it from and who ever it trickled down from likely put their own tongue into it.

6 of one, a half dozen of the other means something is the same thing, either way. Where I grew up, the people I knew were not so eloquent when you would try to propose the same thing with a different name. They would say same ** man.

I’m not sure how anything in this thread requires the use of this phrase though.

Reactions: bjm
6 of one, a half dozen of the other means something is the same thing, either way. Where I grew up, the people I knew were not so eloquent when you would try to propose the same thing with a different name. They would say same ** man.

I’m not sure how anything in this thread requires the use of this phrase though.
I liked the topic but found it a derail so moved over here

Reactions: bjm
the complexity of scents found in soaps like Nuavia Blu/Rossa, DG Darkfall, B&M 42 etc has made me appreciate the simplicity of the arko scent much more. its strictly business and no nonsense.

i think i'm done with the expensive artisan soaps once my supply is done....it has become nauseating, not to mention expensive. i'll carry on with 3 sticks (arko, la toja, speick) and MWF (maybe throw in proraso red for winter). that's it.

Last edited:
I think that Arko is sufficient. It whips up into a fine lather, just smells like soap. When I think of smell, to me the after shave is what is important. I like my Chanel AS, not overwhelming. I bought a 12 stick box years ago, still have nine. I have a short wide ceramic cup. I just refilled it with Arko chopped into 1/2" chunks soaked in hot water overnight , ecess water tossed and press it down. And I have a nice solid puck. Regards, Guillermo

Top Bottom