What's new

Arko is King

So for the past several months or so I have been using Arko pretty much exclusively. This stuff just never fails me. I am in the process of liquidating the rest of my soap and cream collection and going exclusively with Arko. The smell doesn't even seem that strong to me anymore, I just enjoy it.

Best shaves ever! Maybe the cheapest soap as well!

Arko is King!

So for the past several months or so I have been using Arko pretty much exclusively. This stuff just never fails me. I am in the process of liquidating the rest of my soap and cream collection and going exclusively with Arko. The smell doesn't even seem that strong to me anymore, I just enjoy it.

Best shaves ever! Maybe the cheapest soap as well!

Arko is King!
Nice to have found something that works well and costs little. You've come a long way to end up at Arko!

What about Speick? I thought that was your favorite for awhile? I would take Speick over Arko, but that's me.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If Arko didn't smell so awful, I'd have switched to it years ago.

Get a year’s worth of Arko sticks. Unwrap them and put them under your deck at the beginning of summer. They will keep the carpenter bees, feral cats, and possums away. When the weather turns cool, gather them up and you can stand to be in the same room with them!

Seriously, aired-out Arko isn’t bad at all. Fresh has too much citronella for my nose.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Arko is king...for you.

I really don't like when people deal in absolutes and ignore YMMW. For me Arko smells like urinal puck and dries my skin. Also it needs a lot of work (more than some other soaps) to make proper lather.
If I could give two thumbs up I would for this post. One for the "Arko is king...for you" and the other for the odor and skin drying.

Arko is king! Well at least a kick *** duke, or leader formally known as king...

Luckily for me the smell doesn't revolt me, actually I've grown to really like it, for me its more of a lemon candy smell.
(my nose might not be the most effective sniffer)

For me the perfomance is the best of any that I've used it's dirt cheap, has fantastic slickness, easy to lather, & no skin drying for me but also no real moisturizing effect either.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just wait until Arko Rose comes out. All of you, that hoarded the citronella...

Well, strange things happen …. Attached, South African Williams rose stick. They made a rose puck long ago I believe. The South African rose stick was made up till about 5-6 years ago.

This is the vintage formula, it lathers well.

74AB334C-2572-43D6-82C4-12D8263DA334.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom