What's new

Arko Commando cream

Last year, I received a tube if arko commando shaving cream and have used it on and off throughout the year, I only have a little bit left and would like to get more but seems that up cannot find it. Is it no longer made or I'm not looking hard enough?

I have only heard of regular Arko, but have yet to try it myself.

However I have not seen the product you mention on any other shopping sites before, sorry!

I think I still saw it in the Turkish supermarket last week. Not sure, since I don't use the Arko creams.

(the Sensitive cream definitely was there)

It seems Arko commando is not being manufactured anymore - I remember the Army camo style boxes.

Here is a photo current line-up. its not one of currently produced.

Attachments

• $arko-men-shaving-cream.png
    $arko-men-shaving-cream.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 203
Thanks..........I just remembered that I have a small sample tub of Commando that I haven't tried yet. I better pull it out and use it!

It seems Arko commando is not being manufactured anymore - I remember the Army camo style boxes.

Here is a photo current line-up. its not one of currently produced.

The tube of Adventure is incorrectly labeled as "Ice Mint". I'd like to try Ice Mint, so hopefully it's still being made.

I have Adventure and Cool. They're both decent creams. I have a barber/salon supply here locally that carries these, at around a $1.50 a tube. Can't beat it at that price!

Commando was all the rage a few years ago, but sadly was discontinued.

I use Maximum Comfort and find it to be fine cream. It's light in scent, but a terrific performer. I've also tried Moist, which is very similar to European Palmolive and also a great performer.

I have wondered are all Arko shave creams the same base, with different scents and colors, or are they actually different creams?

This is current cream line as appears on manufacturers website, Line-up photo that I posted earlier was few years older.
Also new product called extra performance, basically regular added Aloe.

Attachments

• $arko.png
    $arko.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 158
Commando was a top seller. Sadly no arko product seems to sell like they did years back with the influx of so many new items. I guess it sort if amazes the old salts on here how we went crazy for arko and others and now they seem so crude and basic by what's available today.

Commando was a top seller. Sadly no arko product seems to sell like they did years back with the influx of so many new items. I guess it sort if amazes the old salts on here how we went crazy for arko and others and now they seem so crude and basic by what's available today.

Really? Among the supermarket soaps and creams, I still think Arko soap is a top performer.

You should not compare it to a high-end artisan soap, of course. Very different target market.

Arko is not available here in any supermarket with the exception of an ethnic Arabic market. Ethnic India areas also have tubed cream for sale but not many outsiders of the culture venture into these markets unless they are chefs looking for a specific item or people such as wet shavers looking for products. Arko is a great product, but now it has fallen by the wayside in the niche shave market of brush type creams due to the amount of new products that entered the market these last four years.

In the years past Arko and other tubed creams were prized possessions, not so much now.

We do a lot of our shopping at Turkish shops ... excellent product / price ratio, and they usually have very friendly staff.

Of course you won't find Arko at the Turkish bakery, but every Turkish *supermarket* should have it.

You are 100 percent correct.

I live in the metro NYC area so I can have access to just about any culture I may want to taste or see about. I find the Arabic markets to have lower cost on items, the India markets to have some neat stuff too.

The biggest issue is that Russian markets do not label the items in English. Asian and Polish as well do not always label things for the native tongue here either. The sad part is that there is a lot of great items for less cost in the Polish markets that many Americans would most likely eat. Not so much in the Asian ones. I am not certain that most native born Americans trust Asian made items, or India origin either out of health concerns. I sometimes question the water these items would be made from and what type of inspection and quality control there are in some countries.

Sadly the images broadcasted by our media here do not always show the best of the developing world and other lands which fuels this.

You are 100 percent correct.

I live in the metro NYC area so I can have access to just about any culture I may want to taste or see about. I find the Arabic markets to have lower cost on items, the India markets to have some neat stuff too.

The biggest issue is that Russian markets do not label the items in English. Asian and Polish as well do not always label things for the native tongue here either. The sad part is that there is a lot of great items for less cost in the Polish markets that many Americans would most likely eat. Not so much in the Asian ones. I am not certain that most native born Americans trust Asian made items, or India origin either out of health concerns. I sometimes question the water these items would be made from and what type of inspection and quality control there are in some countries.

Sadly the images broadcasted by our media here do not always show the best of the developing world and other lands which fuels this.

Profoundly true, I'm afraid.

IMO, there's nothing finer than the shave I get from Arko creams (and soaps0 using my Cadet razors :biggrin1:.

Top Bottom