What's new

ARKO Berber Tıraş Sabunu (Barber Shaving Soap) - 90gr bowl / Comparison with (old) TABAC

Recently received a 90g Arko in a bowl from Italian Barber that was manufactured in 2016 with a 2025 expiration date. Supports earlier posts that these were all manufactured for a brief period roughly 5 years ago. Fact that these are still for sale from a number of on-line retailers shows how long it takes some inventories of some shaving items to work their way through the system. Still waiting to try the Arko as I work through some of my other soaps.

How long will Arko last in a relatively cool and dry garage? Or put it another way how long have you had your Arko (sticks) stash?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I showed this soap to an Indian friend and she mentioned that Arko is a very popular boy's name in Bengal, and it is a synonym for Surya, the God of the Sun, Light, and Day.

Just some further information for you :D

OK, but can they just leave the ‘hard’ citronella out of it?

At the current price, maybe not.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
How long will Arko last in a relatively cool and dry garage? Or put it another way how long have you had your Arko (sticks) stash?
Your children's children's children will be able to shave with it. I have a mighty stash of 35-50 year old Williams' soap, with at least a half dozen pucks that are over 75 years old.

williams (2).jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I bought a bunch last year on Black Friday. It's in our bedroom. It's holding up fine, smells as good as ever. It's intended for PIFFING, if I weren't so lazy...

Arko's original recipe was brought down from Mt. Olympus.

I think that standard soap never goes bad, by standard I mean soaps that do no have ingredients that can actually go bad, like milk or fruit or something like that.

IMG_20211112_203738.jpg

After a few more uses, the ARKO seems to have mellowed out (either that, or my skin got used to it), so now I do not even get that mild burning sensation towards the end, but I happily leave the remaining lather on my face while I clean things because it feels soothing. I used a Shark SS today and I did not even feel like using an aftershave later, my face felt soft and hydrated (I did use an aftershave anyway).

In fact, I am surprised by how much water the lather can soak up, the brush feels heavy during face lathering, I actually get a decent arm workout :D

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think that standard soap never goes bad, by standard I mean soaps that do no have ingredients that can actually go bad, like milk or fruit or something like that.

View attachment 1361807

After a few more uses, the ARKO seems to have mellowed out (either that, or my skin got used to it), so now I do not even get that mild burning sensation towards the end, but I happily leave the remaining lather on my face while I clean things because it feels soothing. I used a Shark SS today and I did not even feel like using an aftershave later, my face felt soft and hydrated (I did use an aftershave anyway).

In fact, I am surprised by how much water the lather can soak up, the brush feels heavy during face lathering, I actually get a decent arm workout :D
I know that when I was using Arko exclusively my face acclimated to the "harshness" of it. LOL, but it never got used to the Sharks! No siree, those things are best left for Shark Week in my humble opinion!

Top Bottom