What's new

ARKO Berber Tıraş Sabunu (Barber Shaving Soap) - 90gr bowl / Comparison with (old) TABAC

Something else is brewing here and I am afraid we are about to lose another great soap.
:crying:

Edit: I agree, let's not spread false rumors.

Last edited:
Here in Turkey, Arko in a bowl became a difficult to find product. I learnt that Evyap produced them as a 100th year commemorative limited product.

I can confirm it is difficult to find the bowl in Turkey. The one I have was gifted by a retailer when I purchased something else.

In supermarkets and groceries stores all you see is the stick. But again, they are the same product.

It seems that lemon peel puck is three times more expensive than citronella stick. It just seems that way. Just an opinion.
:laugh:

Are you positive? Some posts here suggest otherwise. Actually confirm with pictures of the two products,
Just making sure we don't spread false information.:001_rolle
Oddly, in the German Amazon website, Amazon's choice for Arko "rasierseife stick" points to a shaving stick with some pictures, and one of these pictures is a caption of the ingredients on the soap (the one I posted), and those ingredients are a bit different that those posted by @macintoshBR for the same shaving stick essentially.

Also, if you google Arko shaving stick stearic acid you will get plenty hits where the ingredients are just like those in the Amazon caption.

Now, in Amazon it says that the product was introduced in March 2012, so perhaps the formula changed a bit since then and they forgot to update it.

It is most likely the exact shaving soap, it is a simpler choice than producing two formulas.

Are you positive? Some posts here suggest otherwise. Actually confirm with pictures of the two products,
Just making sure we don't spread false information.:001_rolle

See my first post with my factual hands and factual products. No rumors there.

The posts suggesting otherwise were taken either from texts written on the internet or what seems to be an old product label.

Cosmetic Formulas do change overtime, as we all here know. Manufacturers adapt to new regulation, supply chain changes, customer expectations and profitability needs. It could be that at some point in time Arko’s formula changed. But I’m positive that what’s being sold right now in Turkish grocery stores (stick) is the same product as the puck from 2016 I have with me.

Everyone is free to believe what they want, though.

Last edited:
See my first post with my factual hands and factual products. No rumors there.
I see that the two products in the picture you posted have the same ingredients list. That is all.
What customers will end up buying might not be the same, although the wrappers might look the same.
Not a rumor, just an observation.

The sodium palm kernelate used in the Arko tub formula is derived from palm oil which is primarily harvested from palm trees that grow in rainforests which are often bulldozed or burned to make room for more palm oil plantations. They probably don’t care about that in some territories but perhaps we should be more responsible?
Sorry to disappoint but it doesn't really matter whether or not we stop buying Arko (or whatever soap contains palm oil) as palm oil is highly used in the food industry. Good luck in your cause though, I guess.

Top Bottom