What's new

Arko August 2021

The 17th day of August and and I'm still with it! Occam's razor, Feather AC Pro (1), ARKO stick, SOC two-band badger, Speick AS; a really lovely shave! I'm with @Egmont as the stick on face does seem to work better for me than the stick cut up into a tin. Have a great day!

PXL_20210817_164951896.jpg

Arko the 17th

Razor. Wolfman WR2
Blade. Persons Israeli Red
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS. Pinaud Clubman

Rating. 10/10. BBS

Another great close comfortable shave today. The Personna blade was smoother than the Lord and I had just a little feedback from the Alum and aftershave. I love those Israeli Reds. Arko gave me a great lather once again.

So....next Arko shave isn't till tomorrow but I figured this was worth mentioning... I had my last Arko shave on Saturday night and I left the puck out on the sink top to let it dry out. After I put it away Monday morning my wife asked what the soap was that I had left out .... I told her... And she asked me to leave it out more often because she likes the scent.. 🤔so I guess Arko is staying as part of the weekly rotation for a while.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
[IQUOTE="BaPh96, post: 11401064, member: 135088"]
So....next Arko shave isn't till tomorrow but I figured this was worth mentioning... I had my last Arko shave on Saturday night and I left the puck out on the sink top to let it dry out. After I put it away Monday morning my wife asked what the soap was that I had left out .... I told her... And she asked me to leave it out more often because she likes the scent.. 🤔so I guess Arko is staying as part of the weekly rotation for a while.
[/QUOTE]
I have found the same. All my girlfriends like the scent of my ARKO. Women must have a more cultured and refined sense of smell than a lot of men.

August 17

Face lathered ARKO stick-turned-puck using Yaqi Timber Wolf. Shaved with Shark Super Stainless loaded into an English Gillette Rocket (at least, I think it's a Rocket). The Timber Wolf was my first Yaqi. The knot, at 26 mm, is a bit larger than I like. And a bit more backbone than I now prefer. The Shark is still going strong. Another excellent shave.

2021-08-17 20.39.21.jpg

CE2DCA37-63AD-4D18-804E-8D893797C5AA.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Old Spice

Arko August SOTD
Good morning! Face lathered Arko with the Stirling brush, and what a great brush it’s turned out to be. I don’t know what a $200 brush is like to use, but I’m pretty sure at $35, the Stirling is a steal. Using the GSB in the Lupo today was nothing short of magical. So smooth, so close. Finished with Old Spice with a couple frost drops added.

This one goes to 11

ARKO BOARKO #18
Today, I used a new GEM PTFE blade in my MMOC and a gentle touch with awesome ARKO lather provided a fantastic BBS shave. Finished with Deep Blue Sea, a perfect selection for a Beach Day.

One takeaway from my ARKO BOARKO adventure: I think anytime someone new asks for a soap recommendation I’m going to recommend ARKO stick pressed into a bowl/container.
ARKO’s performance will make learning how to lather easier and take away a variable that I struggled with in the beginning.
66446A4A-7DDC-4785-8B37-DA36FCC1BB6F.jpeg

View attachment 1313554

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Old Spice

Arko August SOTD
Good morning! Face lathered Arko with the Stirling brush, and what a great brush it’s turned out to be. I don’t know what a $200 brush is like to use, but I’m pretty sure at $35, the Stirling is a steal. Using the GSB in the Lupo today was nothing short of magical. So smooth, so close. Finished with Old Spice with a couple frost drops added.

This one goes to 11
Every time I see the illustration on that tub, I giggle a little...

Top Bottom