SOTD
  • TCOT and FOCS Chrome
  • Nacet (2 and 17)
  • ARKO!
  • SOC Taj Resin
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
No shaves over the weekend - heck, I think I even skipped Friday! I wasn't too busy, I was too lazy. The last week-plus has been very stressful and I just wanted to do not much of anything for a few days.

This morning, with the need to get pretty for work, I pulled out the Thin-Cap Old Type for the first pass. My lather was less than stellar - Arko has been sitting, unused, for long enough to dry out, and my Taj eats a lot more lather than the Beagle - but it's Arko and so it worked just fine. The TCOT sailed through the long whiskers with very little resistance and a combination XTG/ATG pass with the FOCS finished off any stragglers.

In all, a nice (late) start to Arko August, and I know it will just get better.

Onward!

ARKO shave #2- Gem Pushbutton, Gem SS , Simpson Berkeley 46 in Best, ARKO stick, Master Smokey Oud AS splash.

Have an arktastic day!

PXL_20210802_171526890.jpg

I will also join. Full Arko for the whole month...
1st shave done....
Welcome.

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
  1. FoolishMortal
  2. RumpleBearskin
  3. doug1066
  4. ajkel64
  5. alla2465
  6. South Dakota Guy
  7. mio_cuggino
  8. rbscebu
  9. demaro
  10. EagleRon
  11. Silky Glide
  12. Shutterbug57
  13. ewk
  14. Dave himself
  15. lgmedler
  16. Egmont
  17. Sotiris_A
  18. Ganko
  19. emily666
  20. SpannerX
  21. Galaktus
  22. Wil_D
  23. JayFromBrooklyn
  24. psfred
  25. rapwedinger
  26. GerhardK
Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
  1. Owen Bawn
  2. JWCowboy
  3. Contact_vs_Feedback
  4. wmadoty
  5. Jubejubilee
  6. Yukonmark
  7. InkStainedWretch
  8. pdieten
Arko Boarko (all Arko, all boar, all right, all right, all right...)
  1. bluesman 7
  2. GNR
  3. Tboner
  4. Brian C.
  5. MrBeez
  6. FarmerTan
Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
  1. Multum in parvo
  2. beardlyboy
Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
  1. Fred D
  2. Chard52142
  3. Whilliam
  4. RenoRichard
  5. Lee93
  6. Messygoon
  7. zoidberg
  8. Ted A
  9. Ravenonrock
  10. motto
  11. BradWorld
  12. cryhavoc
  13. LMcC
  14. Kyle89
  15. BaPh96
  16. Roedeer
  17. OkieStubble
  18. hairless wonder
  19. Jmp63
  20. Tallships
  21. nav
  22. woodwzrd
  23. luv2shave
  24. Honeycutt
  25. ksblazer
Honorable Mention (we hardly knew ye)
  • Kaldane
Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
  • andromeda673
  • Mike M
Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
  • Ivo4u2

I know it may be sacrilegious to mention another soap in the Arko August thread but I just want to say thank you again to this wonderful B&B forum. If it weren't for me returning from a long absence to sign up for Arko August...I would have missed the the threads about Tabac's reformulation. So thank you to B&B for yet another glorious lemony fresh Arko August and thank you to B&B for giving me the chance to stock up on original tallow Tabac before it's gone forever !!!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm on day 2. To be honest there's a slight burning feel for me. Not a good PH for my skin, however after rinsing off well with cold water and using a balm, everything feels fine. I think it's more the heavy fragrance in the soap rather than the other ingredients.
You could cheat....
I have done this with Arko sticks, to GREAT affect: (effect?) Anyway:

Rub half of your incredibly handsome face with Arko, the other with an unscented or lightly scented, or whatever scented soap you like, and then mix them on your incredibly handsome face.

Fixes the pH right up!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I shaved yesterday AM with Arko, with an Omega brush, with the blade from @Grundi in the latest (I think) iteration of the challenges he and @Space_Cadet sponsor.

I just used a straight up Arkoman stick from the Kingdom of Arkoland. No mixing it on my incredibly handsome face with Brut bar soap.

It was SO BBS that I didn't need to shave today, but I will have to tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me play here, Dave

Here we are the second of August and the first shave with ARKO for my participation in the down low category.
So besides the featured player in this game the other players are... For the warm up: Cremo daily face wash. Brush: Omega S-brush. Razor: Merkur 34C. Blade: pinch hitting on its last outing before retirement Shark Super Chrome after 3 times at bat during Shark Week. Finishing off with alum and Nivea sensitive balm.
Overall DFS with the heady scent of Arco... My wife is now eyeing me suspiciously on the wisdom of my choice of shave product and my laying in proximity to her in bed tonight 😆
PXL_20210803_015048790.jpg

Arko August #2 Tue 3 SOTD
Cream Arko Sensitive
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot & Lavender + HA + TGS Orange Empire
Good creamy & slick lather from the cream.
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this blade! Really crisp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210803_094118.jpg

Top Bottom