What's new

Arko August 2021

I’m in for Arko on the down low again! Not ready for a month long commitment! It is great though!

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
FoolishMortal
RumpleBearskin
Brian C.
Yukonmark
doug1066
ajkel64
Alla2465
FarmerTan
South Dakota Guy
mio_cuggino
rbscebu
demaro
EagleRon
Silky Glide
Shutterbug57
ewk
Dave himself
lgmedler
Egmont

Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
Owen Bawn
JWcowboy
Contact_vs_Feedback
wmadoty
Jubejubilee

Arko Whole-Hog (like Gung-ho, but more feral, minus the Shark)
MrBeez
bluesman 7
GNR

Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
Multum in parvo
beardlyboy

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
Fred D
Chard52142
Whilliam
RenoRichard
Lee93
Messygoon
zoidberg
Ted A
Ravenonrock
motto
BradWorld
cryhavoc
LMcC
Kyle89
BaPh96
Roedeer
OkieStubble
hairless wonder
Jmp63

Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
Andromeda673

Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
Ivo4u2

Okay, everyone:
  1. If you still don't have some Arko - any Arko - now is the time to get it so that you don't have to pay exorbitant shipping costs
  2. If you have a stick (or three) and you want to air it out, get it into the fresh air now
  3. If you're going to grate and soak/marinate your stick of Arko, start now so that it sets in time

We're getting closer! :a17:

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
@FoolishMortal
@RumpleBearskin
@Brian C.
@Yukonmark
@doug1066
@ajkel64
@alla2465
@FarmerTan
@South Dakota Guy
@mio_cuggino
@rbscebu
@demaro
@EagleRon
@Silky Glide
@Shutterbug57
@ewk
@Dave himself
@lgmedler
@Egmont

Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
@Owen Bawn
@JWCowboy
@Contact_vs_Feedback
@wmadoty
@Jubejubilee

Arko Whole-Hog (like Gung-ho, but more feral, minus the Shark)
@MrBeez
@bluesman 7
@GNR

Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
@Multum in parvo
@beardlyboy

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
@Fred D
@Chard52142
@Whilliam
@RenoRichard
@Lee93
@Messygoon
@zoidberg
@Ted A
@Ravenonrock
@motto
@BradWorld
@cryhavoc
@LMcC
@Kyle89
@BaPh96
@Roedeer
@OkieStubble
@hairless wonder
@Jmp63

Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
@andromeda673

Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
@Ivo4u2

For those new to ARKO, or just the curious, I realized some time ago I've always liked ARKO way more after it sits out for many months, seems to age, and the industrial smell dissipates. Here's a snap of my ARKO stick opened in 2019 and used for last ARKO August, as well as a snap of my ARKO stick put in a container early winter 2021. Notice the color of the older stick on the right has gone a little off-white. It also has shrunk a bit and the scent is almost entirely gone. The older stick performs better for me than the newer one. After realizing this, I peeled open two more sticks and put them back in the cupboard to age, like fine wine :001_rolle .

PXL_20210719_161810995.jpg

For those new to ARKO, or just the curious, I realized some time ago I've always liked ARKO way more after it sits out for many months, seems to age, and the industrial smell dissipates. Here's a snap of my ARKO stick opened in 2019 and used for last ARKO August, as well as a snap of my ARKO stick put in a container early winter 2021. Notice the color of the older stick on the right has gone a little off-white. It also has shrunk a bit and the scent is almost entirely gone. The older stick performs better for me than the newer one. After realizing this, I peeled open two more sticks and put them back in the cupboard to age, like fine wine :001_rolle .

View attachment 1299121
What’s Arko without its scent? ;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

View attachment 1299121
It is kinda amazin' the difference...

FarmerTan

You mean that I don't get extra credit for using a boar brush and a boarhide strop?
Yeah.....ya know, I'm not one for instigatin' or stickin' my nose where it don't necessarily concern me, but if I was runnin' this here show, I'd have to give you some special recognition....just sayin'....

FarmerTan

It's reserved for those who commit to using Arko for the full month and to making snorting/rutting noises during each shave.

(Okay, not really. You can find the origin here.)
Okay. Now yer talkin'! I make all KINDS of weird noises just gettin' outta my Lazyarseboy.... I'm thinkin' I could grunt, snort, root if I have to....as long as I get a certificate worthy of framing...

I'm in, I use Arko (bowl pressed) in the rotation of 4 soaps Arko, Kilo's of Cella and Vito's, Williams/Dove mix. Arko is a permanent soap. just bought another dozen, so16 should last me awhile. What category would I be in?

I'm in, I use Arko (bowl pressed) in the rotation of 4 soaps Arko, Kilo's of Cella and Vito's, Williams/Dove mix. Arko is a permanent soap. just bought another dozen, so16 should last me awhile. What category would I be in?
If you're not using Arko exclusively for the month, you'll fit just fine in "Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)".

FarmerTan

@FoolishMortal , this man right here is in a category all by himself, even higher rated in my professional opinion than my good friend and mentor, Mr @Owen Bawn !

@Tallships is who I aspire to be, once I grow up......no offense Owen....

FarmerTan

If you're not using Arko exclusively for the month, you'll fit just fine in "Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)".
Brother.... Did you not read: "I just bought ANOTHER DOZEN" ?!? sticks making SIXTEEN?!?

This man could become "Royal Curator of the Royal Arkoman Museum" doggone!

This man is a HERO doggone! He will live on in songs and tall (ship) tales for as long as there is an Arkoland!

Top Bottom