What's new

Arko August 2021

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Does the Aqua Velva provide a cooling effect with the lather?

For me it does. I don’t wet the soap first. I just drip a dime sized puddle of AV Classic or Ice Sport onto a grated stick of Arko I keep in a wood shaving bowl. The soap is dry and I let the puddle soak into the soap for 10 minutes or so before my shave.

It feels and smells great when lathering mixed in with the Arko.

Then I splash more AV onto my face after the shave. Aqua Velva And Ice Sport just seem to go really well with what I call, “white soaps.”

Williams Mug, Arko, MWF, LEA, Haslinger Schafmilch, Palmolive. Any white soap seems to be a good candidate for AV.

A couple of quick questions.
If I join ARKO On The Down Low, but end up using it the whole time; Will the ARKO Gung-Ho group accept me as one of their own, who lost his way but was found? Or will I be shunned as a bandwagon fan with commitment issues?
What if I join ARKO Gung-Ho but then open the wrong soap in the dimly lit bathroom after a late night of Turkish coffee? Will I be cast out?
In either case would I be an ARKO fan without a clan, seen as Divergent, some sort of freak?
Oh, this is too much pressure, what shall I do. Obi-Wan your my only hope!!?

I think you're asking, "What happens if I plan to do one thing but life has other ideas?"

No shame. All are welcome and encouraged to participate in any way life will let them.

For those of you that think you life is sad. I want you to know that even though I dislike Arko, my social life is so pathetic that I am participating in Arko August just so I can have some social interaction and feel like I am part of something. I appreciate all of you!

For those of you that think you life is sad. I want you to know that even though I dislike Arko, my social life is so pathetic that I am participating in Arko August just so I can have some social interaction and feel like I am part of something. I appreciate all of you!
Prediction: By the end of August two things will have happened.
1) You will LOVE ARKO. You’ll be surprised that you didn’t enjoy it before and wonder why it took so long to DIVE in (shout out to Shark Week).
2) You’ll be convinced that some of the ARKOLAND citizens have significantly…hmm, how to phrase this…”interesting personalities”! And these endearing qualities will just reinforce number 1.

It’ll be fun. Even if you don’t like it you can make daily posts telling the ARKO Man what he smells like.

I too am in it for the community. I am also in because I have never used the same soap twice since I abandoned my can of Barbasol last November; it is an opportunity to exercise discipline.

True story: the last time I used Arko was in February when I had to wear an M95 mask non-stop for a 10 hour workday. I don't dislike the Arko scent, but concentrating it in a mask for the full 10 hours put me off from using it since then.

I too am in it for the community. I am also in because I have never used the same soap twice since I abandoned my can of Barbasol last November; it is an opportunity to exercise discipline.

True story: the last time I used Arko was in February when I had to wear an M95 mask non-stop for a 10 hour workday. I don't dislike the Arko scent, but concentrating it in a mask for the full 10 hours put me off from using it since then.

I can not imagine wearing a mask after shaving with Arko. While not insanely overpowering, still somewhat unpleasant, the scent seems to linger on me all day without the mask.

78B53838-5B47-4349-8500-7695EF911D26.jpeg

OMG I am sooo pumped for August.

😳That's a whole lot of Arko and Sharko😳

Yeah I misread the original post, I thought Arko would also be used as food and toothpaste, on top of the 8 daily shaves ;)

Seriously though, changing the blades every 3-4 shaves I should go through 2 of those packs. And I’m still using my very first Arko stick that I opened back in February, pretty sure it’ll last me until the end of the year.

It was still a fun picture to take

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
FoolishMortal
RumpleBearskin
Brian C.
Yukonmark
doug1066
ajkel64
Alla2465
FarmerTan
South Dakota Guy
mio_cuggino
rbscebu
demaro
EagleRon
Silky Glide
Shutterbug57
ewk
Dave himself
lgmedler
Egmont

Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
Owen Bawn
JWcowboy
Contact_vs_Feedback
wmadoty
Jubejubilee

Arko Whole-Hog (like Gung-ho, but more feral, minus the Shark)
MrBeez
bluesman 7
GNR

Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
Multum in parvo
beardlyboy

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
Fred D
Chard52142
Whilliam
RenoRichard
Lee93
Messygoon
zoidberg
Ted A
Ravenonrock
motto
BradWorld
cryhavoc
LMcC
Kyle89
BaPh96
Roedeer
OkieStubble
hairless wonder

Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
Andromeda673

Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
Ivo4u2

Last edited:
A couple of quick questions.
If I join ARKO On The Down Low, but end up using it the whole time; Will the ARKO Gung-Ho group accept me as one of their own, who lost his way but was found? Or will I be shunned as a bandwagon fan with commitment issues?
What if I join ARKO Gung-Ho but then open the wrong soap in the dimly lit bathroom after a late night of Turkish coffee? Will I be cast out?
In either case would I be an ARKO fan without a clan, seen as Divergent, some sort of freak?
Oh, this is too much pressure, what shall I do. Obi-Wan your my only hope!!?
Promotions and demotions will be handed out as appropriate...but you'll never be alone. :D

Top Bottom