What's new

Arko August 2020

Tabac! First time ever.

Excellent lather, seemed like a mild pleasant scent. I think it expanded my understanding of the idea of ‘cushion’, not a word I have used in describing soaps. Helped me get my best shave yet from my ‘new’ M2 Adjustable by Schick.

I think I finally learned what people mean by "cushion".

cushion, n: the effect that shavers get when they use a soap called Arko, that they won't always get when they use other soaps.

Sorry to use the T word, even in a quote. Anyway, on the topic of the C word, what Tabac suggests, Arko emphasizes. @Roedeer , you nailed it.

I missed arko August gosh darnit. I've been using a soap called bundubeard rooi Afrikaner, a fantastic tallow soap, performs very similar to arko actually.

Guess ill have have to make it arko November for me then lol.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

8/26/20- my 26th Arko shave of August- on track to finish the month. But, I am weakening and looking forward to other soaps.

Today's shave was a two-pass DFS, close enough result, with no nicks- 9/10
Soap: Arko stick + Arko Extra Sensitive cream combo lather; creamy yet slick
Brush: Ever-Ready 52c; a very small vintage brush I found in a box of my assorted shave stuff.
Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline (I forgot to put it in the pic)
Blade: Gen PTFE (9) now retired- I should have changed this blade out when I started, but it started tugging a lot on the second pass and was rough on my chin ATG.
AS: Lucky Tiger- to take care of the roughness in the second pass.

View attachment 1145644
The one thing i never tire of is the performance, but the scent gets a bit bland after a while.

I managed to find a good local tallow soap which performs almost identically to arko, but it has a beautiful scent, so i can alternate lol.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DE0146FB-53C7-426F-BA7C-8C95E8C32B6E.jpeg

Still Arko Gung ho. Good soap.

Arko puck, an Omega Boar Brush, Rockwell 6S plate 5 then second pass on plate 6 for the face, Leaf Triple Edge for the head, topped off with Arko Gold and Barbasol lotion. The Finer Accouterments lather bowl keeps working its magic.

Attachments

• Lather 827.jpg
    Lather 827.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • Shave 827.jpg
    Shave 827.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
image.jpg

Shave: 20
8-27-2020
Soap: ARKO stick in a repurposed deodo....
Razor: Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade: Dorco st-301 (66)
Brush: Omaga 49
Added Fragrance to Lather: Tea Tree oil
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
3 pass some touch up DFS.

That repurposed deodo.... of Arko was supposed to last a week long trip. I normally shave every other day. August started out that way but soon changed to every day. I still haven’t 3017ed it.​

I missed arko August gosh darnit. I've been using a soap called bundubeard rooi Afrikaner, a fantastic tallow soap, performs very similar to arko actually.

Guess ill have have to make it arko November for me then lol.

If you want to join in for the last four days of the month, I'm happy to add you to the list. :D

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (11)
  • Arko for August (in a re-used tub)
  • Yaqi 24mm Badger
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
No pic today, but another fine Arko shave. I was emboldened by the R4 and tried some ATG on the most stubborn/most sensitive part of my neck, with fantastic results - DFS+ and no irritation. I'm so happy with my Rockwell!

Thursday- my 27th Arko shave of August.

Today's shave was a two-pass DFS+, close result- 9.5/10
Soap: Arko stick- the wrapper is getting worn
Brush: Simpsons Eagle 3 Best- the density in Simpsons best is obvious after using some other brushes
Razor: Gem Damaskeene
Blade: Gen PTFE (1)
AS: Proraso Green- the refreshing feel from this splash is always welcome

IMG_20200827_104007.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Thursday- my 27th Arko shave of August.

Today's shave was a two-pass DFS+, close result- 9.5/10
Soap: Arko stick- the wrapper is getting worn
Brush: Simpsons Eagle 3 Best- the density in Simpsons best is obvious after using some other brushes
Razor: Gem Damaskeene
Blade: Gen PTFE (1)
AS: Proraso Green- the refreshing feel from this splash is always welcome

View attachment 1146152
I love that Eagle in Best. I have them in Pure and in Super; I love both of them, but I really want one in Best.

Top Bottom