What's new

Arko August 2020

Arko August Part XII, Golden Power...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Arko/ 12 / 2020

The 3rd shave of Arko August is in the books.

Pre Shave: Proraso White

Soap: ARKO

Brush : Omega PRO 48

Razor: EJ DE89

Aftershave: Irsich Moos

Changed up a little added Proraso White to the routine. Did it help? Hard to tell I get great shaved from Arko as it is, it did feel good though.

SOTD
  • NEW Short Comb
  • Nacet (7)
  • Arko for August (in a re-used tub)
  • Amboyna Burl Beehive Badger
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Moonwind (Cologne) AS
I have the NEW SC up for trade, so its time with me is short. I figured I would take it for a last spin (or two) and it did not disappoint. It's such a pretty razor, and my shave was so nice, that I'm considering keeping it!

SOTD_08122020_2.jpg

Preshave - mentholated Col Conk Lime, lather, hot rag, and rinse
Razor - E1 Fatboy, very clean acquisition from a brief stop in Deer Lodge, Montana. Came with stiff doors, but I tweaked the safety bars last night and now it is a smooth operator. Smooth and close shaver, too.
Blade - SuperMax Blue Diamond platinum (5). My prior DE shave was July 9. Still ready after a month off.
Lather - Arko, face/bowl hybrid lather
Brush - custom pearwood badger/boar mistura
Postshave - alum, hops infused witch hazel, 50/50 bay rum Captain's Choice/VIBR
89AD526D-C049-4821-94BD-10E67E36E8FB.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's an Avon Bay Rum jug. I believe they were produced in the '60s. I have two of them, both found in an antique shops, full of that fantastic juice. :)
I bought one years ago on the 'Bay cheap, full and still in the box. I think it's from my birth year, 1962.

Found another empty one for a couple bucks at Goodwill. Still smells good. I eventually hope to get around to mixing up some @OkieStubble 's Bay Rum brew to fill it with.

Arko August shave #12

So far, I'm still hanging in with you gung-ho fellows :001_smile.

Today's shave was quick but really nice- DFS+, no nicks, no irritation:

Razor: Gem MMFW, Gem PTFE blade (2)
Soap: Arko stick-
mounds of lather today
Brush: New Forest badger- the man who made these retired about 5 years ago, but my 22 mm brush has served me well.
AS: Proraso Green splash- old formula, an Italian favorite

Be well all!

Top Bottom