What's new

Arko August 2020

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0582D4B4-CF2F-4195-9D44-E4D0BA54EAF7.jpeg

Arko Shave Stick pucked. I will see if I can finish this tub this month. It is still last years 2 sticks made into a puck.

proxy.php

I shave every other day but I'm going to go full ARKO for August. This was my first on 8/2.

Shave was an 8/10.
Did nick myself under the nose, so I did use an alum block (not shown).

A little arko thumb in the CC copper bowl.
Badger silvertip, feather shavette, aqua velva, Captain's choice bay rum balm.

First time using the CC bay rum balm, find it a little heavy on the clove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tue 3rd Arko SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Parker 26C OC on Yaqi Handle
Blade Elios Inoxidable 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Lime + Polo EDT
Very nice thick and slick lather. Scent is pleasant for me...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth, sharpish and reasonably comfortable. Almost no blade feel. Went for better result and pay for it with some creepers. 3+1 multiple passes. Between bbs to dfs. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Lime.
Rating 8.5/10
20200804_064004.jpg

20200804_071303.jpg

Last nights shave:
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillette Tech head on a WCS handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Soap: Arko stick in a twist up travel tube (I need to put the smiling man on there! Everyone else that’s done that is looks really good!)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: Timeless Blue
A/S Aqua Velva Ice Blue
The amount of lather Arko makes is incredible, it just keeps going!
055275C4-633F-49CB-A533-E6B5F95CB2D9.jpeg
3CF7362E-DA53-4914-824F-DE867FC7BC47.jpeg

Razor: Maggard V3/RR Barber handle.
Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum (1).
Soap: Arko Tin.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Ferrari Rough Tuxedo.
Aftershave splash: Florida Water.
Aftershave Balm: C.O. Bigelow Barber Aftershave Balm.

For a few years shave sticks, including the wonderful Arko, were very high in my rotation. Being on the frugal side, I always wondered how to use the end stubs of great shave sticks, so came up with the idea of mushing them into a tin, creating my own puck.

Arko will never admit it, but they liked the idea so much that they came out with their own 90g, plastic version of my tin. :)

An excellent shave with a few unobtainium items. Super-Max's discontinued Super-Platinum blades, C.O. Bigelows Proraso clone balm. The Super Plats were quite the rage some years ago, but were either rebranded or discontinued. Biglow's Barber Balm was part of a line that Bath and Body works carried. It is a creamy, non-oily, effective balm that smells like Proraso.

Originally I loved the Arko stick, but now seem to prefer loading on the puck, especially with a big brush like the Yaqi Ferrari Tuxedo.

SOTD_20200803.jpg

Gotta admit, I re-did the Arko/Kiss My Face (KMF) Lavender combination. Ti68OC this time.

Somebody should make lemon-lavender soap (although there probably are some I just don't know of).

AA

Boy, I had forgotten about KMF Lavender, It was a nice sent on a good, Yeoman cream. My wife finished my pump bottle once she discovered it for leg shaving.

Regarding an alternative lemon-lavender, Stirling makes a very nice Bergamot, Lavender that would give you the same citrus/lavender combo.

proxy.php

I shave every other day but I'm going to go full ARKO for August. This was my first on 8/2.

Shave was an 8/10.
Did nick myself under the nose, so I did use an alum block (not shown).

A little arko thumb in the CC copper bowl.
Badger silvertip, feather shavette, aqua velva, Captain's choice bay rum balm.

First time using the CC bay rum balm, find it a little heavy on the clove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So you just sliced a bit off the puck? Is that enough for just one shave or will it last two?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Boy, I had forgotten about KMF Lavender, It was a nice sent on a good, Yeoman cream. My wife finished my pump bottle once she discovered it for leg shaving.

Regarding an alternative lemon-lavender, Stirling makes a very nice Bergamot, Lavender that would give you the same citrus/lavender combo.

It could also be combining a GOOD soap and a GOOD cream are giving me a great combo here!

(There are threads on KMF over in "creams" forum).

I always send any non-lathering goopy creams (Cremo, Dr. Carver, etc.) to the shower for wife's lady-leg shaving. They usually excel there, as nice fluffy lather is more easily rinsed off than accidentally these goops.

Anyways. Long live Arko August! :punk:

AA

Top Bottom