What's new

Arko August 2020

Arko August Day 03, Menthol Monday Version;
proxy.php

Day 3.
Change of razor today, Parker Semi Slant loaded with a Voskhod Teflon.
Face lathered with the shaving soap stick of heroes and champions!!!! (Arco of course. Finished with vigorously applied Lavender Turkish kolonya, Arko Oily Cream to round out the awesome experience 😁

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
ARKO! August, Monday 3

ATT SE1 Proline(7)
Omega 10005
ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick
ARKO! Aftershave Cologne
ARKO! Aftershave Cream

I pressed my ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick into a tub last night to make it easier to load. I might get the 90g tub next time I place an order, just to try it. I still have 9 unopened sticks.......

After washing my face with Dove Shea Butter, I loaded my wet brush heavy and built a nice thick creamy ARKO! lather on my face, shaving quickly N-S my face, chin, and around my lops a bit of freestyle, I did feel the blade a few times above my lips and the corners, but I was using pressure.
After lathering my face again and shaving my face ear to nose, again using some pressure moving quickly, I could not feel the blade.

Because I planned on only one N-S pass on my neck, my strokes were short, as I swept in an arcing motion from guard to cap. I was stretching my skin, but not taut, just enough to allow me to increase my pressure and present more of my stubble to the blade, buffing on the cap until I could not feel the blade cutting or touching my skin.
There seem to be limitless angles this razor will shave at. I can just increase the pressure to keep the blade cutting, while somehow keeping the blade just skimming the surface.

The HA had a cooling effect, as did the Witch hazel, with the ARKO! Aftershave Cologne complementing, not stinging, a dab of Arko balm and cup of coffee to get my day started.
Most of the shave I could not feel the blade, only feel it cut. Pure comfort, zero irritation, fast shave.

Oh yeah, BBS.
20200803_074254[1].jpg

The brush is damp because I took the picture after the shave.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
August 3rd, but my 2nd shave this month....so far it's Arko all the way!!!! I love this soap's performance, and the scent is "okay"....if the scent was just a little more in my "wheelhouse" I'd probably never use anything else -- that's kind of an exaggeration, but at least I'd use it more often.
proxy.php

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
This stuff has such a wide sweet spot for taking on water.
That's what makes it such a great travel soap -- Arko can take on most any water type and still deliver!!!
I pressed my ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick into a tub last night to make it easier to load. I might get the 90g tub next time I place an order, just to try it. I still have 9 unopened sticks.......
I can also recommend pressing it into an empty deodorant stick -- but if you use your wife's (like I did), make sure you mark it clearly that it's ARKO, otherwise it may get accidentally used as a deodorant :facep:. The nice thing is if that does accidentally happen, I'm told it works even better than Secret deodorant. "Arko, strong enough for your pits, but made for your face" :lol:. Full disclosure, that did indeed happen when we were on a trip. She wasn't paying attention and accidentally grabbed the Arko. She took it in stride, but she wasn't willing to wear it as a deodorant, so my claim and tag line above has not been really tested...just like most product claims :laugh:.

ARKO! August, Monday 3

ATT SE1 Proline(7)
Omega 10005
ARKO! Shaving Soap Stick
ARKO! Aftershave Cologne
ARKO! Aftershave Cream

After washing my face with Dove Shea Butter, I loaded my wet brush heavy and built a nice thick creamy ARKO! lather on my face, shaving quickly N-S my face, chin, and around my lops a bit of freestyle, I did feel the blade a few times above my lips and the corners, but I was using pressure.
After lathering my face again and shaving my face ear to nose, again using some pressure moving quickly, I could not feel the blade.

Because I planned on only one N-S pass on my neck, my strokes were short, as I swept in an arcing motion from guard to cap. I was stretching my skin, but not taut, just enough to allow me to increase my pressure and present more of my stubble to the blade, buffing on the cap until I could not feel the blade cutting or touching my skin.
There seem to be limitless angles this razor will shave at. I can just increase the pressure to keep the blade cutting, while somehow keeping the blade just skimming the surface.

The HA had a cooling effect, as did the Witch hazel, with the ARKO! Aftershave Cologne complementing, not stinging, a dab of Arko balm and cup of coffee to get my day started.
Most of the shave I could not feel the blade, only feel it cut. Pure comfort, zero irritation, fast shave.

Oh yeah, BBS. View attachment 1134449
The brush is damp because I took the picture after the shave.
I use both, I may be wrong but I think the tub is a slightly different formula to the stick. The tub soap appears to be harder.

ARKO- August 3rd- Miromatic Monday too

9.8/10- a really fine shave

Fourth Arko shave in a row; maybe I'll keep going and see how long I'm having Arko fun. Signed up for on the down low, but the Arko lather is impressive. Each day with it I'm getting better at drawing out its potential.

Razor: Micromatic Flying Wing, AKA Bullet tip, with guiding eye; Gem PTFE 6th shave
Brush: Yaqi Aqua badger
Soap: Arko, shave stick
AS: Number Six AS from Caswell Massey
; Mine is an older bottle maybe from the 1980- 90s that I bought on Lexington Ave in NYC, but not a really old bottle- apparently George Washington and Lafayette used this scent!

Here's a few shots of the shop that was on Lexington for 84 years:
CaswellMassey_Current.jpg
CaswellMassey_Vintage.jpg

Top Bottom