What's new

Arko August 2020

14/Arko/2020 - Arko August shave #14
PXL_20200814_142649858-01.jpeg

Revisor 7/8”
Arko stick (pucked)
CRV
Pinaud Clubman

This was my first time with a pucked stick. Not sure it likes the heat from my scuttle as I had trouble with it drying out. But it still produced a fine lather (that required repeated adjustment).

All in all, the shave was excellent, the shaving less so.

Day 14:
1961 G3 Slim Aristocrat
Astra SP (5)
Omega 10049
ARKO stick cut up and pressed into an Old Spice Mug
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Pinaud VIBR

At this point the ARKO man and I commune on a much deeper level. I am beginning to understand his contentment and plan to continue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arko Sharko 🦈 Friday!
On the 14th of Arco my new shaving brush arrived. My new shaving brush arrived, a Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Really impressed on the first shave, soft but with a good bit of backbone.
Parker semi slant with Shark SS blade
Arko, if course
Lynx Africa aftershave
Arko Oily Cream.
15974238457301286096971951878125.jpg

Arko August- 14th shave:

Lovely two pass DFS++ shave; near BBS:

Razor: Gem MMFW; Gem PTFE (4)-
blade really has smoothed out; best shave yet on this blade.
Soap: Arko stick- I've got 15 days straight on this previously used stick and I don't seem to be making much of a dent. Is there some special Arko magic that causes the shave stick to grow when you use it enough?
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic-
Second use of this new $11 brush; got a little more used to it. But, I'm still not quite on with the amount of product and the best way to be adding water. The feel of the bristles is just so much different than badger.
AS: Pinaud Clubman-
I finally remembered to use this for Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Twelfth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue Oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razor: GC .68
Blade: Personna (made in Germany) #2
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Freshwood AS.

The German-made retail Personnas look identical to the older ones from Israel, and give me the same very good result.

I'm finally making a dent in this home-made Arko puck, but there's more than enough for the rest of August.

I'm having a hard time keeping it on the down low...

Thursday, AA 13
Preshave - mentholated Col Conk Amber stick, lather, hot rag, and rinse
Razor - centennial 1920 Gillette Single Ring, G in D
Blade - SuperMax Blue Diamond platinum (6)
Lather - Arko stick, Ever-Ready vintage knot banded boar, brand new Captain's Choice heavy copper bowl (really retains the heat)
AS - Captain's Choice Land Ho! (pre-release, this was a freebie with the bowl. Land Ho! got the LOTH seal of approval, she said pines/juniper, citrus. Special Arko August note: use some alum to get the Arko off before applying AS or the primary note will be... ARKO!)
C1D50E0D-4136-4626-9C84-58EB6DA352BF.jpeg

Very close, very comfortable, very Arko.

My brothers (and sisters?) in Arko:

I am afraid that tomorrow, Saturday, August 15, I must break my string if Arko shaves. I am wracked with guilt and disappointment, but I have received a soap from a new artisan that asked for a review and I don't feel I can put him of for two more weeks. So sadly, tomorrow will not be an Arko shave for me.

I will return to my beloved Arko on Sunday and resume my Gung Ho! use for the remainder of the month. Please forgive me this transgression and enjoy your Arko in my stead.

My brothers (and sisters?) in Arko:

I am afraid that tomorrow, Saturday, August 15, I must break my string if Arko shaves. I am wracked with guilt and disappointment, but I have received a soap from a new artisan that asked for a review and I don't feel I can put him of for two more weeks. So sadly, tomorrow will not be an Arko shave for me.

I will return to my beloved Arko on Sunday and resume my Gung Ho! use for the remainder of the month. Please forgive me this transgression and enjoy your Arko in my stead.
🙈🙉🙊

Never have tried an SOC boar, but that looks like a kit I could use in perpetuity. Might have to break out a LH Super Adjustable this weekend, in fact.

I recently received one from a PIF. They are excellent and boars are all I use.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

I recently received one from a PIF. They are excellent and boars are all I use.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover
I just received a Taj handle. After only a few soak/dry cycles, many of the tips are splitting already. Tomorrow will be the maiden voyage. :blush:

Happy Arko Friday folks! Put a big smile on the Arko Man’s face this evening lathering up his Turkish soap in a Turkish copper bowl that finally arrived! Ordered that baby in May.

Used a Yaqi 24mm Aqua
Two-Band Badger and a WCS 110s OC razor with a Shark Super Chrome blade. Shave was relaxed and close. Ended with some Clubman Pinaud aftershave. Ahhhh.

F3A91434-9884-45EB-81E9-374E5557FC49.jpeg
EC800A7A-803B-4ADE-A029-973AE96B3035.jpeg

Top Bottom