King C. Gillette blade
Omega 10049
ARKO
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the jug of bay rum!👍

Used a stick for today’s shave. This stuff is the bomb people. No need to convince this group but it sure isn’t difficult to whip up that slick and cushiony goodness! Today I started on my face then used the bowl for the second and third passes and I still had a good amount left over.

Today’s gear was: Yaqi 24mm Red Resin Silvertip and Fatip Piccolo with a Shark Super Chrome. Very happy with my shave and loving this Piccolo 👍
Wrapped things up with a blast of decanted Aqua Velva. Bam!

EDEB528E-03DC-4FB4-B63F-BFB365EAEF63.jpeg
A2419ABB-B667-444B-8A94-97B7979127C0.jpeg
DE9F24DD-13D5-4435-84FE-41029D1C07B4.jpeg
732502D7-2BB1-4FBE-9839-E7A88F93D4E5.jpeg

Used a stick for today’s shave. This stuff is the bomb people. No need to convince this group but it sure isn’t difficult to whip up that slick and cushiony goodness! Today I started on my face then used the bowl for the second and third passes and I still had a good amount left over.

Today’s gear was: Yaqi 24mm Red Resin Silvertip and Fatip Piccolo with a Shark Super Chrome. Very happy with my shave and loving this Piccolo 👍

View attachment 1139465
The more I see Yaqi brushes, the more I think they make their handle shapes just for me. That's a handsome brush!

Today’s gear was: Yaqi 24mm Red Resin Silvertip and Fatip Piccolo with a Shark Super Chrome. Very happy with my shave and loving this Piccolo [emoji106]

View attachment 1139462View attachment 1139463View attachment 1139464View attachment 1139465

Look at how content ARKO man is. That is all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eleventh use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage Oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5
Blade: Astra SP, #10
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

I do like that Rockwell on R5. Maybe I now have a rotation with the GC .68.

That cheap boar is holding up well to daily use. The brand is "Men-U", so it isn't a Boots product, just sold there.

With soaps sorted out, brushes might be the next thing. I thought real soaps were the problem, but it was trying to face-lather them.

Last edited:
I wish I had time to take a picture of this morning's lather. Transcendent.

Semogue 1250 and Arko is a marriage made in heaven
GC84 w/Medical Prep blade for the cutting
Lucky Tiger splash for the finish

Postgame today is Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

Top Bottom