What's new

Arko August 2020

Gung-ho August all the way.
Arko Deodorant Stick.
There is a random amount of soap in a makeshift spent travel-sized deodorant stick. The original idea was to have enough to make it threw a week-long trip. I put it on the scales. Forty-seven grams was the gross weight. I don't know how much Arko is making up those forty-seven grams. If I 3017 it. I should be able to reweigh the empty stick. That should give my usage. There is a backup supply just in case I need it for the rest of august.
I snapped a picture of the repurposed stinky stick. Exciting stuff!!!! :c9: I don't usually shave every day. But I do have a new razor on the way. So that could change.

F2E3A679-35A5-40C7-8B5C-DDF1938A01A1.jpeg

Shave 2.
8-3-2020
Soap: ARKO in a deodorant stick 46 Grams gross weight
Razor: fatip gentle piccolo handle
Blade: Dorco st-301 (53)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Musk
Brush: VDH badger
2 pass some touch up DFS

Number 5 today. I’m really missing my scuttle and that nice warm lather. I’m going to try to get a warm lather with the captains choice copper bowl that’s coming tomorrow. If I can’t make it work, I’ll start looking for a better scuttle.

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Number 5 today. I’m really missing my scuttle and that nice warm lather. I’m going to try to get a warm lather with the captains choice copper bowl that’s coming tomorrow. If I can’t make it work, I’ll start looking for a better scuttle.

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover
For now, you could make a temporary setup. I have used a large soup bowl and a coffee cup. Put hot water in the bowl. Then add the cup for the brush. Stainless steel coffee cup works best for me. I know its not the same, but well, you know.

Fourth use in August:

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage Oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Boots boar
Razors:
1) Rockwell 6S, R5, Blade: Astra SP, #2
2) Black Plastic Wilkinson, Blade: Personna 74, #12
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Got an optimal lather this time! Made it too thick, and then thinned it down by flicking small amounts of water in.

Did the easy stuff with the Rockwell, and then the ATG and cleanup with the Wilkinson. The covered blade-tabs make it a relaxing choice for ATG beside your ears. The P74 worked like new.

The shave would have qualified as a BBS, but I missed a bit on my neck that grows in the "wrong" direction.

Didn't get much of a chemical "sting" at all from the Arko this time round. Maybe I'm getting habituated to the stuff. :001_smile

The home-made puck is still going strong, despite loading like I'm trying to clean the tub, and I still have ¾ of the first Arko stick in grated form, plus 6 more unused ones (450g).

If this soap is going to work out, I have enough to last a long time.

Last edited:
Gung-ho August all the way.
Arko Deodorant Stick.
There is a random amount of soap in a makeshift spent travel-sized deodorant stick. The original idea was to have enough to make it threw a week-long trip. I put it on the scales. Forty-seven grams was the gross weight. I don't know how much Arko is making up those forty-seven grams. If I 3017 it. I should be able to reweigh the empty stick. That should give my usage. There is a backup supply just in case I need it for the rest of august.
I snapped a picture of the repurposed stinky stick. Exciting stuff!!!! :c9: I don't usually shave every day. But I do have a new razor on the way. So that could change.

13306DAF-F32D-4482-A966-09D6F4FC5EA1.jpeg

Shave 3.
8-5-2020
Soap: ARKO in a deodorant stick STILL 46 Grams gross weight
Razor: fatip gentle piccolo handle
Blade: Dorco st-301 (54)
Eau de Toilette:
Brush: badger
2 pass some touch up DFS​

Todays Arko shave
Arko Comfort Shave Cream in Q-Shave Scuttle, an Omega Synthetic brush, with a Rockwell 6S for the face and the Leaf shave triple edge for the head topped off with Arko Comfort aftershave balm. Nothing beats a hot lather shave

Attachments

• 20200805_232701.jpg
    20200805_232701.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20200805_233037.jpg
    20200805_233037.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom