What's new

Arko August 2019

Moving @ksblazer on the list, with the hope that he achieves the goal. :)

I'm pretty sure I will. This is the first time for me doing this many consecutive shaves with any soap\cream. In a way I kind of like knowing what soap I'll be using for my next shave, instead of looking at all of my soaps\cream and wonder what I'm in the mood for.

Really enjoying all of my Arko shaves so far. Getting a better post shave feel than I remember getting in the past. I think this is due to all the tips I've gotten on how to properly lather and a good face rinse between passes.

With that said I just got some Derby sticks in today. I'm kind of anxious to compare it to my Arko sticks. Probably a bad time for me to place an order. Since I'm committing to Arko for the entire month.

Must resist the temptation though and push on through with Arko.

Last edited:
10 Aug 19
Razor:
Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Rainbow brown synthetic
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko stick – face lather
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk / American Crew balm
Additional Care: Jack Shave spritz
IMG_20190809_050400.jpg

Wilkinson Sword blade X7 for this A.M.'s shave. Whipped up the Arko & attacked my stubble with the Sloc open come. Stubble gone with no nicks or irritation.

Another great Arko shave. I think I'll take this with me when I go on vacation in a couple of months. There will obviously be plenty left!

Arko 8th

IMG_20190810_102304-01.jpeg

Frederick Reynolds 11/16, near wedge
Maggard's Black and White
Arko stick

Another great shave with Arko and the little sister of yesterday's razor. Since I had shaved yesterday afternoon I made the lather super runny (actually dripping off the razor). Still had great glide and residual slickness.

So far I have used all of my brushes with Arko. The best lathering one is also the one that uses the least product, my WCS 24mm synth. If I continue using it with Arko’s regenerative characteristics, this one stick will last me the rest of my life.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Arko all along summer for me.
I use this stick all the time while the weather is warm, that was here since middle of May.
Arko,
R41,
Wikinson Classic,
Pitralon Polar AS

Karl
:a29:

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
FoolishMortal
FarmerTan
mawashi
Cphobes
SpudWrench
James Darmody
bluesman 7
bjm
jj_sharp
Gaznix
fast shaver
meanpr
Brian C.
Billy T.
ajkel64
PeteVK
Squirrel
RumpleBearskin
MrMoJoe
ksblazer
helistone

Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
Wtd1911
ftrez
Rosseforp
Whilliam
shave/brush
Ted A
Namkcakram
EB Newfarm
cyclingsteveb
psfred
ftrez
Sideways Tremolo
Haggises
BudgetShaverGuy
JayFromBrooklyn

Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
HarryAU570
RayClem

Arko in Limbo (maybe?)
Goatlips

9th straight Arko shave (pun intended)
IMG_20190811_144746-01.jpeg

Universal Lama Intera
Astra SP (x4)
Arko stick
Semogue 2040HD

Great shave today. (Shavettes are just plain fun.) And Arko provided all the protection I could ever want. No signs of drying skin so far (but I'm a firm believer in post-shave oil and balm/lotion).

Top Bottom